- Company: Expanded Church Response
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
JOB VACANCY ANNOUNCEMENT
Expanded Church Response (ECR) is a faith-based organization implementing: Orphans and Vulnerable Children, Gender Based Violence and HIV/AIDS programs amongst others to mitigate human suffering and bring transformational development.
ECR has implemented programs funded by USAID, CDC, European Union, UNICEF, and Global Fund either directly or through a range of highly regarded local and international organizations. Working with partners like these, the private sector, and government, we are seeing communities awakened to new ways of improving the quality of life for the most vulnerable, and rise up to be the key to their own transformation.
ECR seeks to recruit a highly qualified person for the position of District Coordinator in its Mongu Office in Western Province on the CIRKUITS FCI Project.
The District Coordinator will be responsible for the overall management and coordination of the CIRKUITS FCI project in the district and will provide support to ECR district and community level activities, including faith communities in planning, implementation, monitoring, evaluation and reporting, including supporting and supervising Community Health Workers. The position will be responsible for the day-to-day coordination of the project at district level, ensuring smooth implementation of activities and foster coordination and linkages withfaith entities, treatment partners, public and private structures and other stakeholders. The District Coordinator reports to the Treatment Coordinator. S/he will contribute 100% of their time to the project.
1. Diploma in social sciences or any related field
2. Degree will be an added advantage
1. Three (3) years’ experience or more working on HIV prevention and treatment programs, preferably funded by PEPFAR (USAID, CDC ) or other Donor funded project
2. Experience in HIV testing and treatment, and familiar with reporting requirements at health facility level
3. Experience and or ability to work with Faith Leaders and health facilities
4. Prior experience implementing multi-session group-level interventions
5. Familiarity with the administrative structures and knowledge of who comprises the key stakeholders in a community
6. Excellent computer skills (Microsoft Word and Excel)
7. Considerable experience in project coordination at District level
8. Good communicator in local languages of Zambia preferably Lozi
9. Strong teamwork skills
10. Able to work under minimal supervision
If you feel you have what it takes, send your application letter and updated CV to the Human Resource Officer using the email firstname.lastname@example.org Only short -listed candidates will be contacted.
Closing date for receiving applications is Friday, 3rd December 2021.
Mongu residents are encouraged to apply.