- Company: Hitachi Construction Machinery Zambia Co. Ltd.
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
Purpose of the role:
Rebuild/remanufacture components such as final drives, travel devices, swing transmission etc. according to Hitachi standards.
Reports to: Mechanical Supervisor.
Branch: Reman Workshop Lusaka.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
The Artisan, Mechanical will be required to perform the following tasks:
- Carry out a job safety analysis (JSA) before work starts.
- Ensure task requirements are clearly understood and all risks identified before commencing the job.
- Work according to all safety policies and ensuring that correct PPE is worn at all times.
- Adhere to all company requirements for the use of permits, risk assessments, Isolations and risk management.
- Maintain a safe working environment and follow safety regulations
- Conduct daily Workshop Maintenance (preventive & corrective actions).
- Remanufacture/repair components according to Hitachi standards.
- Test components after rebuild and report results to the supervisor.
- Assess parts for reusability (able to use measuring instruments).
- Must be able to analyse cause of failure (failure analysis).
Qualifications & Experience
- Must have a full Grade 12 certificate.
- Must have Heavy Equipment Repair Technicians’ Certificate or better.
- Must have at least 1 year experience in a similar field (Preferably workshop experience)
- Must be a Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
- Knowledge on Hitachi machine will be added advantage.
Job Specific Competencies
- Able to operate a forklift and Crane
- Good Analytical Skills
- Good communication skills
If you meet the requirements for this job, email your detailed C.V, certified copies of certificates and cover letter in a single document to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send your application to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Hitachi Construction Machinery Zambia, Co. Ltd.
KK International Airport Road, Plot 2350/M
P.O. Box 30182, Lusaka.
The closing date for applicants is Wednesday 1st December, 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.