- Company: Choppies Supermarkets Ltd
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Zambia
Job Role: Asian Chef
Job Type: Store Management
Responsible for using their culinary expertise to create appetizing Indian/Chinese Cuisines/dishes for diners to enjoy especially Southern and Northem Indian cuisines.
- Wash, cut, measure, prepare foods for cooking Maintain production and usage records as required.
- Maintain high sanitary, hygienic, and safety standards and conditions.
- Direct work assignments of support staff in cooks’ area and train student workers.
- Demonstrate excellent customer service at all times while working in a fast-paced team environment
- General cleaning, stocking and other food service duties as requested by management
- Prepares, seasons, and cooks/stir frys in industrial woks all soups, meats, vegetables, fish, poultry, and other food items for consumption.
- Cooks, prepares, and arranges the food to make an appealing arrangement for guests.
- Ensures that guests have a favorable and authentic Asian dining experience.
- Mastery of preparation and cooking of Asian foods a must.
- Cooking specialty foods, under constant pressure to prepare meals quickly while ensuring quality is maintained and safety and sanitation guidelines are observed.
- Minimum 2 years high-volume professional cooking experience required, including: thickening techniques, soup and sauce classification and production, sauté, stir fry, pan frying, deep frying, grilling, broiling, roasting, steaming, braising & stewing, cold food production, and food presentation and garnishing standards.
- Manages control and use Of industrial woks and other common Asian cooking implements, not limited to, woks, fryers, rice cookers, steamers as well as all common professional cooking equipment found in a kitchen.
- Must be able to demonstrate proficiency in professional knife-handling skills with ability to cut/trim meat or carcasses and ability to correctly identify product
- Experience in directing work assignments of support staff in cooks’ area
- Experience in following and extending standardized recipes and Must be able to read and write English.
- Experience at organizing and maintaining kitchen work stations
- Experience in maintaining production and usage records
- Experience in safe food handling, preventing food-bome illness, and sanitation techniques
- Must be able to prioritize work and execute tasks with speed and efficiency.
- Must be. or become, food handlers certified (attend required class and pass test)
- Must have excellent customer service skills and be able to communicate well with customers and management with professional appearance, demeanor, and hygiene.
- Must be able to lift stock/ items, and be able to walk, stand, bend and reach as the job requires and must pass hands-on practical cooking test
Physical Exam Required: Medical Report
Closing Date for applications: 30th November, 2021
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Send your Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies Of your educational certificates, Identification card and driver’s license to: email@example.com
Warehouse No.4, Makeni road, Makeni
P.O Box 32000, Makeni- Lusaka
Zambian Citizens are preferred for the available position
(Avoid payment of any kind from persons purporting to be from Choppies)