- Company: Choppies Supermarkets Ltd
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Graduates Jobs in Zambia
Job Role: Take Away Specialist
Job Type: Senior Management
The Take away Specialist is responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of all the take away departments country-wide, cost and budget controls within the take away section and maintaining highest standards in relation to quality of food, recipes and beverages served. Maintaining customer service by training of staff in the takes away sections and presentation of the highest food quality, hygiene and safety standards in all stores country wide.
- Overseeing the running of the kitchen and supervise preparation of all food sold by all the Choppies’ take away sections country-wide.
- Ensuring all food is prepared in accordance with the daily set menu in all the stores.
- Increase revenue cost for all take away stores country-wide and reduce pilferage.
- Set budgets for all Choppies’ take away section country-wide and present the financial budget to the operations’ director.
- Always improving and advising on recipes for take-away sections for all stores country-wide.
- A point to go to specialist that will provide financial advisory service to the head of operations on take away section requirements.
- Managing Gross Profit and turnover in consultation with operations’ director.
- Ensuring daily and weekly stock takes are carried out in order to minimize shrinkage in the take away.
- Ensuring the preparation/kitchen and service areas are kept clean and hygienic at all times in all the stores country-wide.
- All appropriate health and safety procedures are practiced, observed and maintained within the stipulated legal and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs).
- All waste managment and disposal are followed as per stipulated and legal Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) in the kitchens in all stores.
- Raise orders for all out-sourced ingredients, inputs and packaging for all stores.
- Initiating Internal Transfer documents for all inputs sources from all other stores.
- Ensuring all take away staff maintain a high standard of personal hygiene and presentation in all stores country-wide with knowledge and inspectiing of the staff of the required PPEs.
- Ensuring all staff maintain the highest level of customer service and delivery.
- Manage and setup template duty rosters for take away in all stores.
- Carrying out any other duties as may be requested by management from time to time.
- Willing to travel country-wide.
- Food, preparation and catering school graduate with Full Grade 12 Certificate.
- Minimum of 5 years and above experience, preferably in retail food chain outlets / restaurants
- Certification, Diploma/degree from accredited Food, preparation and catering school.
Skills, abilities, knowledge, licenses, certifications
- Knowledge of food regulations and safety procedures – certification is required, but may be completed after hiring.
- Ability to read and follow complex recipes
- Ability to perform in a stressful environment – FMCG (Super store set up) may cause workload to increase ten-fold from normal day. Must be able to stay calm and focused.
- Ability to prioritize multiple assignments
- Ability to schedule tasks in order to meet delivery dead-lines
- Basic computer skills
- Supervisory skills – ability to train employees to use time efficiently and to be uncompromising regarding product quality.
Physical Exam Required: Medical Report
Desired Start Date: Extended to 30th November, 2021
Only Shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Send your Curriculum Vitae (CV), copies Of your educational certificates, Identification card and driver’s license to: email@example.com
Warehouse No.4, Makeni road, Makeni
P.O Box 32000, Makeni- Lusaka
Zambian Citizens are preferred for the available position
(Avoid payment of any kind from persons purporting to be from Choppies)