- Company: Centre for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia (CIDRZ)
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
National Monitoring and Evaluation Advisor Ref No. ME/TB/21/11/21
Reports to Director TB Programs at CIDRZ and NTP Manager at Ministry of Health.
CIDRZ with support from USAID Zambia will be implementing the second phase of the Advisor program. The program seeks to place local highly skilled individuals in the NTLP to build capacity at different levels of the program whilst providing hands-on practice. It is a 2-year program.
- Strengthens NTP M&E frameworks and systems for both collecting and using data at all levels.
- Implements the TB data usage recommendations from previous monitoring missions and analyze any issues with timely and complete reporting, and present options to NTP for corrective actions.
- Provides support with the adoption, integration and/or interoperability and ongoing use of electronic notification tools (Smartcare, and DHIS 2), with other systems of electronic medical records (e.g. lab and pharmacy)
- Monitors and reports the implementation of Programmatic Management of Drug resistant TB(PMDT) activities, supporting DR-TB adviser with overall M&E and data needs for DR-TB programming.
- Monitors data collection and analysis activities such as prevalence surveys, catastrophic cost surveys, inventory studies, epidemiological assessments and other studies aimed at improving measurement of TB burden at national and subnational level.
- Participates in collating, summarizing, and presenting the findings from special studies, including clear descriptions of the implications and recommendations for future TB programming; document resulting policy decisions and next steps.
- Provides technical support and mentorship to provincial and district levels.
- Liaises with the TB Data Impact Assessment and Communications Hub (DIAH) project on data reporting from the country.
- Demonstrates proficiency across the core global health competencies defined as development practice, cross cultural awareness, communication, capacity strengthening, ethics of public health, health equity, gender equality and global burden of disease that is necessary for persons practicing in global health.
- Applies tuberculosis and monitoring and evaluation knowledge to strengthen program.
- Cultivates leadership skills based on the STAR GH mentorship curriculum to effectively facilitate capacity building and knowledge sharing activities amongst staff and peers.
- A Master’s Degree in Epidemiology, Biostatistics, or related field
- A PhD related to epidemiology or biostatistics would be an added advantage
- At least 7 years demonstrated experience in management of large datasets and databases and supporting various reporting requirements
- Good management and co-ordination skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and good team spirit
- Passionate about health-service delivery, and a desire to end the suffering of those affected by TB disease.
- Ability to meet deadlines, and pays attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills in both spoken and written English
CIDRZ Human Resources Director P. O. Box 34681, LUSAKA via email: email@example.com
Hard copy applications will not be accepted
Closing Date : 3rd December , 2021.