- Company: Lusaka Apex Medical University
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of PROJECTS MANAGER at Lusaka Apex Medical University Limited (LAMU).
The job holder will be required to support and supervise all construction works and maintenance of LAMU building structures and facilities. The task also involves designing of construction drawings, BOQs, Schedule of Materials, formulating the TORs for Contractors, Planning for staffing, organizing, maintenance, setting schedules, timing of deliverables, conducting quality and reporting on construction project works.
- To plan and oversee construction and maintenance of building structures and facilities.
- Supervise all construction activities as Clerk of Works in the company as well as leads and coordinates construction teams.
- Carries out site assessments and preparation of Bill of Quantities (BOQs) for new infrastructure, as well as existing infrastructure that may require renovation.
- Makes construction Budgets by monitoring projects expenditures, identifying variances and implementing corrective action.
- Complies with legal regulations, ensuring that all drawings, certifications and approvals from the authorities are in place.
- Ensures that the quality of acquisitions meets the technical specifications and required standards.
- Managing the LAMU Maintenance Unit
- Assessing options for establishing Provincial Campuses
- Award Contracts to reputable contractors to undertake the project.
- Spearhead the expansion of programs to ensure that projects achieve the envisaged benefits for the company and the communities’ at large e.g construction of hospitals, new Compuses, new faculties and other supportive institutions.
OTHER PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES
- Strong time management and project management skills
- Exemplary critical thinking, analytical and complex problem – solving skills
- Honesty, integrity, objectivity and reliability
- Productivity, inovative and result oriented
- Ability to work with a team and achieve goals through Team Work.
- Excellent oral, written and visual communication skills
- Planning and organizing skills and ability to work under minimum supervision
- Good decision making skills, Diplomacy and tact.
- Grade 12 school certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering
- Valid Practicing License from the Engineering Institute of Zambia, or other relevant Zambian professional body
- At least five (5) years practical experience in construction, construction management/administration, in order to interpret contract documents, specifications and ensure compliance to specifications and quality work standards.
Applications, with detailed CV, contact numbers and at least three (3) traceable referees, should be submitted to the following address not later than 8th December, 2021.
Chief Executive Officer
Lusaka Apex Medical University Limited
Corporate Head Office
P.O Box 31909
or emailed to
firstname.lastname@example.org Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.