- Company: UNHCR, the UN Refugee Agency
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Customer Service Jobs in Zambia
Duties And Qualifications
- Support in Overseeing the UNHCR Call Centre staff and operations.
- Ensure Call Centre staff respond to the calls in a kind, helpful, and professional manner.
- Remain abreast of all information and updates on assistance and services to refugees. Liaise with relevant units ¿ protection, registration, field, mass information, etc. to receive updates, organize briefings for Helpline staff, and ensure information being provided by the Call Centre is accurate and up-to-date.
- Compile and report on trends emerging from the Call Centre ¿ including concerns, frustrations, and information coming from refugees.
- Support in generating daily, weekly and monthly reports on the number of calls received, average waiting time, number of referrals made, etc.
- Observe and listen to Call Centre staff for quality control purposes.
- Liaise closely with colleagues to ensure the most effective operation of the Call Centre.
- Utilize UNHCR tools to enable refugees to make appointments at the reception centre, update bio-data, etc.
- Refer cases to protection colleagues for assistance, as needed.
- Answer and respond immediately to emergency calls received on the Call Centre, including collecting relevant information and forwarding to the appropriate colleague for assistance.
- Provide basic counselling to refugees.
- Make outbound calls to refugees as needed to schedule appointments, collect information, participate in emerging exercises, etc.
- Provide face to face counselling and information dissemination periodically at the UNHCR reception centre.
- Compile and enter the statistical data into the protection database.
- Perform other related duties as required.
Education & Professional Work Experience
Years of Experience / Degree Level
For G4 – 1 year relevant experience with High School Diploma; or Bachelor or equivalent or higher
Certificates and/or Licenses
(Certificates and Licenses marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Relevant Job Experience
Minimum 1 year of professional job experience. Ability to work with people from different cultural backgrounds.
Work experience with UNHCR is an advantage. Completion of UNHCR’s related learning activities is an advantage.
MS-Drafting, Documentation, Data Presentation
(Functional Skills marked with an asterisk* are essential)
Teamwork & Collaboration
Commitment to Continuous Learning
Client & Result Orientation
Negotiation and Conflict Resolution
Please also note that English mandatory for this Job Opening.
Closing Date : 10th Dec. 2021