- Company: Zambia Sugar
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Zambia
Applications are invited from suitably qualified and experienced persons for the position of Tractor & Field Services Supervisor. The position reports to the Tractor & Field Services Manager and operates within the Agriculture function.
The successful candidate will be responsible for supervising and monitoring Tractor and Field Services Section Plant/machinery, labour and all section Contractors onsite at Zambia Sugar PLC.
Key performance areas
- Exceptional organisational, management and co-ordination capabilities with the ability to work independently or within a team environment.
- A commitment to high quality product and service delivery, with a critical eye for detail and accuracy
- Ability to manage priorities in a changing environment with a determined approach to work and deliver service excellence.
- Establish and maintain rapport with relevant stakeholders including clients, regulatory authorities, contractors, other professional consultants and the general public.
- Supervise daily operations of the section: ploughing, ratoon management, seed cane delivery, road & drainage works and machinery management.
- Assist the Tractor and Field Services Officer in the planning and successfully implementation of the section tasks.
- Daily coordination and overseeing the quality assurance of all improvement work, and all workmanship performed by both the section and contractors.
- Supervise and monitor the efficient use of farm machinery and implements.
- Ensures that the work is in compliance with the SHERQ standards.
- Assist with development project management control functions including cost/budget controls, budget reconciliation, and activity planning scheduling and monitoring compliance.
- Prepare, analyse and issue daily/weekly/monthly production and performance reports.
Minimum specifications / Requirements areas
- Grade 12 school certificate
- Certificate in Agricultural Engineering/Agricultural Sciences
- Land preparation operations to include all field operations
- Experience in road works
- Computer literate with knowledge of Microsoft software: Excel, Word and Project.
- Experience in drainage works
- 3 years hands-on experience
- Professional qualification related to the job position will be an added advantage.
Closing date for applications: 10th DECEMBER, 2021
If you have not been contacted within 4 weeks after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.