- Company: International Centre for AIDS Care & Treatment Program (ICAP)
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Job Title: I-Surge Officers (1)
Reports to: District Clinical and Programs Manager
The I-Surge Officer-Clinical & Programs, will provide daily mentorship and support at site level in the assigned health facilities and communities to strengthen HIV care and treatment in the facilities and districts in Western province in Zambia.
MAJOR JOB RESPONSIBILITIES/ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Working with the facility, ART and MCH in-charge:
- Support HF staff in TB/HIV clinical management and ensure same day initiation of ART as part of the test and start strategy
- Strengthen and implement case finding strategies with a focus on use of the HIV screening tool with fidelity and index case finding strategy as a priority to have 75% of HIV positives come from index.
- Strengthen access to viral load monitoring by supporting providers to request viral load test whenever indicated and interpretation of results
- Review and report data daily for each step of the HIV care cascade and identify service delivery gaps and make follow ups to the remedial actions
- Monitor achievement of site level targets and discuss results and remediation measures with HF staff
- Perform other related duties as directed by the supervisor
EXPERIENCE, SKILLS & MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Clinical Officer, or Registered Nurse.
- Demonstrated technical skills in HIV prevention, care and treatment, and excellent grasp of clinical issues.
- 3- 5 years’ experience with HIV healthcare delivery or public health management in resource limited setting.
- Must be trained in management of ART/OIs for Adults and Pediatrics.
- Trained in and with demonstrated knowledge in current HIV case identification approaches including HIV index testing.
- Ability to provide daily mentorship to ART providers, nurses and community-based volunteers.
- Ability to supervise and monitor day to day activities for community-based volunteers.
- Ability to coordinate community activities with health facility In-charges and community partners
- A team player with ability to coordinate HIV services at the facility.
- Computer skills: Microsoft word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Proven experience in establishing working relationships and collaborating with health facility staffs, and other implementing partners.
For submission of applications and full details of the positions, please visit the ICAP website
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Suitably qualified and experienced candidates should attach their cover letters, including a detailed Curriculum Vitae (CV) of not more than 4 pages. Please indicate position being applied for in the subject line and do not attach certificates at this stage.
The closing date for receiving applications is 31st December 2021. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
NOTE: These are local hire positions, and the successful candidates will be employees of ICAP in Zambia and subject to the local terms and conditions of employment which includes a competitive salary and benefits package.
ICAP is an equal opportunity employer, values inclusion and a diverse workforce. All qualified applicants will receive equal consideration for employment.