- Company: First Quantum Minerals Ltd (FQM)
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kalumbila
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia – First Quantum Minerals Ltd (FQM) Jobs in Zambia
Overall Job Purpose:
- The position exists for a fabrication Supervisor at the fabrication workshop, Central Workshops KML. Will also cover all areas of the site when and where necessary.
Specific Job Responsibilities:
The specific tasks to be performed by the position holder will include;
- To delegate daily job to the work force.
- To ensure safety, quality and production is maintained at all times in the work area.
- To keep accurate work and time keeping records. Fill in and maintain log books so that all statuary compliances are met.
- To managed stock levels (gas and materials).
- Ordering of materials and consumables to maintain production.
- Aid with skills improvement.
- Any other tasks as may be delegated upon by the coordinator.
Job Specific Competencies:
- Have a knowledge of weld standards (AWS D1.1/AWS D14.3/AS-NZS 1554 Pt 1) and relevant acceptance criteria.
- Have a good knowledge in multiple weld processes SMAW (MMA), GMAW (MIG/MAG), TIGW (TIG).
- Be able to understand and read Engineering and Fabrication drawings.
- Have a high level of fabrication Skills.
- Be able to produce fabrication drawings for the shop floor.
- Be able to use fabrication equipment ie. Guillotine, break press, All forms of cutting and gouging.
- Have a knowledge of lifting and rigging.
- Be aware of all safety rule and regulations.
- An understanding of NDT processes.
Key Job Attributes:
- A good and fare man manager.
- Be strong and good listener.
- Good communicator.
- Good problem solver.
- Adaptable to company requirements.
Experience required to perform in this job:
- Min 3 years as a supervisor.
- Min of 5 years as a boiler maker.
- G12 Certificate.
- Crafts certificate or its Equivalent;
- Have had held or hold welder codings.
Closing Date : 28th January , 2022.