- Company: Pensions and Insurance Authority (PIA)
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Zambia
ASSISTANT PROCUREMENT OFFICER- One (1) Position
Reporting to the Procurement Manager, the Assistant Procurement will be responsible for the day to day operations of the procurement activities through timely sourcing of goods, services, works and consulting services in order to meet organizational requirements.
- Prepare bidding documents for goods, works and consultant services in accordance with the approved procurement plan for review by the Procurement Officer.
- Providing secretarial duties during tender opening and assists in the preparation of evaluation reports and procurement committee paper.
- Receives Purchase Requisitions and in line with internal procurement and Public Procurement Regulations and Procedures, sends out enquiries, verifies/confirms specifications of goods prior to purchase.
- initiate the evaluation of quotations from suppliers for purchase of goods or services and recommends best source/supplier for the approval in line with public procurement guidelines and regulations.
- Expedite approved orders to ensure timely delivery of goods and services.
- Undertake market research to ensure purchases are sourced from the most competitive source.
- Undertake ZPPA price reasonableness analyses.
- Initiates preparation of periodic and adhoc procurement reports and ensures submission to ZPPA in timely manner.
- Assist the Procurement Manager in facilitating production of contract documents that are tendered in line with stipulated rules and regulations in the procurement of goods and services.
- Coordinates activities of the Adhoc Evaluation Committee meetings.
- Timely verification of suppliers invoices and processing payment
- Full Grade 12 certificate with credit or better in Mathematics and English.
- Bachelor’s degree in Procurement and Supplies or Equivalent Professional CIPS/ZIPS qualification.
- At least 3 years post qualification experience.
- Member of ZIPS
- A high degree of attention to detail
- Negotiating Skills
Send an application addressed to the Human Resource and Administration Manager via email ONLY to email@example.com. In the subject line please indicate the position you are applying for and note that only those applications that reference the position in the subject line will be reviewed. Your application should consist of a cover letter, certified copies of your qualifications, CV with three references, full addresses and contact information sent as a single PDF file.
Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
THE DEADLINE FOR RECEIVING APPLICATIONS IS 21ST FEBRUARY, 2022