- Company: Competition and Consumer Protection Commission
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Zambia
The Competition and Consumer Protection Commission (CCPC) is a statutory body under Ministry of Commerce, Trade and Industry. The CCPC was established under the Competition and Consumer Protection Act (CCPA) No. 24 of 2010 of the Laws of Zambia.
Its Mission Statement is to safeguard and promote economic welfare by competitive and unfair business practices in Zambia.
In order to align its operations to good governance practices, the CCPC wishes to recruit for the following positions:
5. PROCUREMENT ASSISTANT (1)
REPORTS TO: PROCUREMENT OFFICER
JOB GRADE: CCPC/F
1. Undertakes effectively the acquisition of Goods, services and works in order to meet end user requirements.
2. Undertakes effectively preparation of tender documentation in order to facilitate selection of appropriate suppliers of goods, services and works.
3. Undertakes the preparation of the Annual Procurement Plan in order to procure goods, services and works within the approved budget.
4. Ensures that the Zambia Public Procurement Authority procedures are followed when procuring goods and services.
5. Ensure accurate records/ services in order to facilitate efficient storage and retrieval of information.
Qualifications and skills
1. Full Grade Twelve (12) Certificate.
2. Diploma in CIPS or its equivalent.
3. Current Member to the Zambia Institute of Purchasing &Supply (ZIPS).
4. Good verbal and written communication skills.
5. Strong analytical, decision making, time management, organizational and negotiation skills.
6. Exhibit a high level of integrity and professional ethics.
7. Knowledgeable with the Zambia Public Procurement Authority Regulations.
8. Knowledge of procurement processes, policies and procedures.
9. Team player, committed, motivated and pays attention to detail.
10. Valid Driver’s Licence.
Eligible candidates are encouraged to address their physical applications to:
The Director – Human Resource and Administration
4th Floor, Main Post Office Cairo Road
P.O Box 34919
The closing date is 19th April 2022