- Company: Trinity University
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Human Resource Management Jobs in Zambia
Trinity University is a private Christian university. It was established with a view to delivering tertiary education that is highly comparable to that delivered by any other internationally recognized University, particularly by the renowned world universities.
Trinity University aims at equipping learners with exceptional academic and professional knowledge that is unequivocally essential in overcoming challenges in one’s personal and public life. The university focuses further at producing graduates that are equipped with good and dynamic leadership qualities that are indispensable in meeting national and global challenges, especially those which are social, economic, scientific and technological in nature. It is in this belief that the education programmes offered at the university, notwithstanding learners’ religious inclination reflect Zambia’s needs and cultural and traditional identity as people belonging to the global world.
The primary goal of Trinity University is to educate and stimulate our learners in innovation and excellence and in generation of a prudent quest for more knowledge, especially through research. Thus, the university demands scholastic excellence from all academic and support staff and from students as well.
As a Christian University, Trinity University stands to be guided by Christian principles, heritage and we embrace diversity. The university believes that intellectual and spiritual pursuits go hand in hand, as essential ingredients, not only for growth of the advancement of global sustainable development. It is the university’s aspiration that our students will reflect this heritage upon graduation.
Trinity University seeks to hire a young, energetic, open-minded and vibrant Human Resource Officer, who will be responsible for recruitment, supporting and developing talent through developing HR Policies and managing procedures. The HR Officer will also be responsible for administrative tasks that will contribute to making the university a better place to work
- Actively engages in the university’s recruitment and selection processes including interviewing candidates, on-boarding and conducting staff orientation
- Conducting staff training needs analysis and ensure for the timely preparation of training plans
- Coordinate staff training and development programs, among other interventions that will improve the performance of the company
- Ensure that employees have a safe working environment, free from discrimination and harassment
- Lead and manage the performance management process
- Responsible for administering disciplinary and grievance procedures and processes
- Take responsibility for the benefits administration of the company, including processing of payroll, maintaining employee benefits and maintaining any documentation that maybe used to support any staff related payments
- Prepare monthly and quarterly Human Resource Related reports
- Will be responsible for maintenance of up-to-date accurate personnel records
- Ensure staffs are oriented on the rules and regulations of the company and are also familiar with the organizational structure
- Responsible for maintaining sound employer-employee relationships through delivering an effective work employee relations strategy
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Grade twelve (12) School certificate with 5 merits which should include English Language and Mathematics;
- Excellent oral and written skills
- Ability to prioritize workload, work with minimal supervision both as an individual and in a team setting
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Power point and Excel)
- Must be in possession of at least a Diploma in Human Resource Management
- Must be a Member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management;
- Should have at least one (1) year of Human Resource Management experience
- Must have outstanding interpersonal skills
- General knowledge of Zambia employment laws and practices a must
Please send us your CV, Qualifications and Cover letter via E-mail. email@example.com
Closing Date is 31/05/2022