The Energy Regulation Board (ERB) is a Statutory Body established by the Energy Regulation Act No. 12 of 2019 to regulate the energy sector in Zambia. Its key functions include licensing enterprises, setting prices for energy products and services, monitoring the quality of energy products and services and handling complaints from energy consumers.
The ERB seeks to engage suitably qualified persons under its Internship program to fill the position of Intern – Electricity (x2).
- To help the successful candidates increase knowledge and skills in the electricity subsector through practical work experience in energy regulation.
- To provide support to Technical Regulation Department in the day to day operations under the Electricity Section.
- Conduct research and produce draft papers on a variety of topics including plug in electric vehicles and ancillary energy market in Zambia
- Create and present independent technical research project on electricity subsector in Zambia (generation, transmission or distribution) under the mentorship of the supervisor
- Work alongside engineers and provide support in undertaking compliance inspections of electricity licensees, pre-licensing inspections and investigation of electricity incidents and complaints
- Attend technical meetings, hearings and briefings related to the Electricity Section
- Prepare draft inspection and investigation reports, meeting summaries and other documents as necessary
- Provide support in carrying out technical analyses of assignments in Electricity Section
- Attend to other tasks as may be assigned by the supervisor from time to time.
Required Skills and Attributes
- Strong research, report writing and editing skills
- Organisation and planning skills
- Attention to detail, analytical and good numeracy skills
- Sound independent judgement
- Ability to comprehend and interpret relevant Acts of Parliament, and originate and draft technical reports
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Proficiency in any computer programming language will be an added advantage.
- High level of integrity, honesty and sense of responsibility
- Eager and willing to learn
- Ability to work in a dynamic team
- Must be a Zambian citizen
- Must have a Grade 12 certificate with University entrance passes
- Must have a Degree in Electrical and Electronic Engineering or Equivalent, with a major in electrical machines or power systems
- Applicants should have graduated not more than three (3) years ago .
- Must be a Member of Engineering Institution of Zambia (at least Graduate Member class).
How to Apply
Applicants must submit hard copies of application letter, current Curriculum Vitae, photocopies of relevant academic and professional qualifications no later than 20 May, 2022 addressed to:
The Acting Director General
Energy Regulation Board
Plot No. 9330, Danny Pule Road
P.O. Box 37631
Submissions by email will NOT be accepted. Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.