- Company: CARE Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
CARE Zambia an International Non-Governmental relief and development organization with various projects in Central, Copperbelt, Eastern, Muchinga, Luapula, Lusaka, Northern, North-western, and Southern provinces of Zambia, has the following vacancy available at Head Office in Lusaka;
Job Title: Program Management Coordinator – Advocacy and Communication
Reports to: Country Director
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
As CARE unveils the FY23-25 Business Plan for Zambia, we seek to develop more innovative programs and partnerships for greater impact as well as to accelerate rapid scale up and deepen local ownership. Effective Advocacy and Communications will be a key enabler of success. This will require strengthening and streamlining existing information management systems to respond to meet the needs of internal and external stakeholders.
The incumbent will facilitate communication flows to ensure that CARE decision-makers and key external stakeholders receive the information they need regarding the CARE Zambia program in a timely way and format that is adapted to the target audience.
It Role requires extensive reading, analysis, professional writing, presentation to different audiences and media, and representation. Knowledge of sustainable development and humanitarian response is essential. The ideal candidate is the one with practical experience in a similar role, networks proactively, can positively influence others, can write effectively in English, can work independently, can thrive in a matrix management set up, and can produce desired results with minimal supervision.
Reporting to the Country Director, in a matrix management set up, the Program Management Coordinator – Advocacy & Communications shall champion the efforts of the Zambia Country Office to align communication and advocacy strategies with the CARE Global 2030 vision and Regional Road map.
|Areas of delivery||Scope and expected outcomes|
Qualification, Experience and Competencies:
- Master’s degree in any of the following relevant fields; Mass Communication, Journalism, or Social Sciences, etc from a recognized university.
- 3-5 years’ experience in a similar role in an international environment with good understanding of trends and issues in sustainable development and humanitarian action as well as the local context and aspirations of the Government of the Republic of Zambia.
- Proven experience of communicating information and advocacy with a wide range of audiences at different levels.
- Ability to write, review and edit reports and other written documentation for dissemination and publication.
- Ability to collect information, undertake research and produce analytical reports within a short turn-around times.
- Experience in social media as well as media liaison and media tools e.g., photography, video, etc.
- Knowledge of donor communication and visibility requirements.
- This role is expected to establish and maintain open, professional, and cordial relations with the COs internal and external customers. These include and not limited to.
- Key internal collaborations involve the Country Director, sector leads, Project Managers, and Knowledge Management unit.
- CARE implementing partners, program supporters/funders, disaster-affected communities, government bodies, coordination forums as well as target groups, program participants and their respective communities and social networks.
Suitably qualified and interested members of the public are invited to apply. Application letters accompanied by detailed CVs and daytime contact numbers should be sent to: email@example.com.
Closing Date: 27th May, 2022
CARE is an Equal Opportunity Employer promoting gender, equity, and diversity. Female candidates are strongly encouraged to apply.