- Company: First Quantum Minerals Ltd (FQM)
- Location: Zambia
- State: Kalumbila
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia – First Quantum Minerals Ltd (FQM) Jobs in Zambia
At First Quantum, we free the talent of our people by taking a very different approach which is underpinned by a very different, very definite culture – the “First Quantum Way”.
Working with us is not like working anywhere else, which is why we recruit people who will take a bolder, smarter approach to spot opportunities, solve problems and deliver results.
Our culture is all about encouraging you to think independently and to challenge convention to deliver the best result. That’s how we continue to achieve extraordinary things in extraordinary locations.
Purpose of the role:
Reporting to the Assistant Technical Manager, you will be responsible for assisting in the establishment of preventative and responsive mechanical fixed plant maintenance within the FQM Trident mine process plant: to ensure maximum operational performance is achieved in a safe and cost effective manner.
- Provide guidance on the installation of new mechanical fixed plant operational equipment and systems, replacement of old, faulty or redundant mechanical fixed plant operational equipment and systems, inside the process plant as per the company and vendor’s safety and quality specifications.
- Provide guidance on the mechanical fixed plant equipment to have the correct protection and safety parameter settings for safe and effective operation.
- Provide guidance on the companies planned and preventative maintenance schedules and procedures for fixed plant mechanical equipment.
- Provide guidance on all safety logbooks regarding inspections and authorizations according to the FQM Trident logbook procedure.
- Provide guidance on stock levels of mechanical fixed plant equipment to be held in the warehouse and report all defective or substandard equipment.
- Provide guidance on the correct type of all hand tools, required for the work within the fixed plant mechanical section.
- Provide guidance on the safe usage of all mobile / hydraulic tools, required for the work within your section.
- Provide guidance on the reporting of defective tools, the correct usage and control of hand tools.
- Provide guidance on all mine site mechanical fixed plant drawings to be kept up to date and verified for redlined updates to be submitted to the drafting section for redrafting.
- Provide knowledge and skills training for onsite personal, through our VFL program.
- Assist in identifying of needs for specialized training requirements within the fixed plant area of responsibility.
- Ensure record keeping is transparent and available for auditing purposes.
- Assist in planning, coordinating, training and supervising all fixed plant mechanical functions.
- Assist in creating of downtime / lost time, reports in a timely manner and presented to senior staff after each substantial production loss (due to equipment failure in the fixed plant), for evaluation and escalation to senior management.
- Oversee that the planning of all mechanical fixed plant maintenance equipment is compliant with the company standards.
- Provide guidance on maintenance tasks to be carried out in a safe, timely and efficient manner, to ensure maximum reliability as per policies and procedures.
- Assist in planning of work, when new projects are to be executed.
- Assist in archiving maximum plant availability on the fixed plant maintenance sections at all times.
- Any other tasks as may be delegated upon by the supervisor.
Qualification, Experience & Skill:
- G12 Certificate
- Bachelor’s Degree in Mechanical Engineering from a recognized institution or an equivalent mechanical qualification.
- 7 years’ experience in a fixed plant mechanical maintenance environment, working as an appointed mechanical engineer.
- Knowledge of crushers and conveyor systems are essential.
- Knowledge of milling and grinding systems are essential.
- Knowledge of flotation circuit are essential.
- Knowledge of thickening and concentrate filtration are essential.
- Knowledge of piping and pumping systems are essential.
- Knowledge of hydraulic and pneumatic systems are essential.
- Maintenance and statutory testing of overhead cranes are essential.
- Knowledge of gear boxes and pulley systems are essential.
- Good knowledge on the use of mechanical measuring instruments.
- Ability to read mechanical drawings and P & ID’s.
- Computer literate in all the Microsoft packages.
- A valid Zambian vehicle driving permit.
- Registered as a member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia (EIZ).
- Registered as a member of the Engineering Registration Board of Zambia (ERB).
- Have good communication skills
- Problem Solving Skills
- Team player
- Critical Thinking Skills
- Show Initiative
Closing Date : 15th June, 2022.