- Company: The Salvation Army
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Logistics/Transportation Jobs in Zambia
TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To accurately complete and submit all necessary paperwork, such as log sheets, dispatch and delivery sheets etc.
- Delivery and pickup of items, documentation, and ensuring accurate capture of what the item/documentation is, who requested the transportation of the item, who received the item, and obtaining proper signatures.
- Keep assigned vehicles free from damage, in acceptable condition, and in a consistently clean manner. The driver must ensure that the vehicle is in proper and safe condition prior to use and accept responsibility to report any damage or mechanical malfunctions (faults) that exists
- Manage various products and merchandise responsibly while in the act of loading, unloading, or transporting items, ensuring the cargo is properly secured to avoid damages.
- The driver must accept responsibility for proper use and maintenance of keys and fitments including radios, air conditioners and heaters etc. and keys must be properly checked in and out.
- Work extra/overtime hours as needed according to departmental workload.
- Operate vehicle and equipment safely and responsibly as assigned.
- Respect and maintain the relationship of trust required to obtain a high level of security access to offices, home and property of the organization’s personnel without supervision.
- Be willing and able to perform tasks without direct supervision that may require physical Labour and possibly the use of hand tools. This work may need to be performed both indoors and outdoors in unfavorable weather.
- Transport members of staff and other individuals as directed, in a safe and responsible manner. This includes transportation for various activities such as congresses, conferences and airport runs, etc.
- Operate the vehicle in accordance with applicable Salvation Army Zambia Territory policies, know and observe all applicable traffic laws, ordinances and regulations, and use safe driving practices at all times.
- Assume all responsibility for any and all fines or traffic violations associated with use of the vehicles.
- Monitor validity of statutory vehicle road worth requirements such as road tax fitness, insurance and report about renewals
- To perform any other duties as assigned by the supervisor.
- Proven experience as a Driver
- A valid driver’s license
- A clean driving record
- Minimum visual acuity of 20/50 (or corrected to 20/50)
- Familiarity with GPS devices
- Knowledge of area roads and neighborhoods
- Ability to lift heavy packages and luggage
- Availability to occasionally take weekend and night shifts
- A polite and professional disposition
- Ability to remain calm in stressful driving situations (e.g. at rush hour)
- A high school Certificate
- Exceptional Communication Skills to interact with clients
- Being a salvationist is an added advantage.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com
Closing Date : 30th June, 2022.