Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the Northwestern region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km southwest of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Boilermaker
Reporting to the Workshop Supervisor, your duties will include but not limited to the following;
- Review of maintenance tasks and procedures including JSA’s and SOP’s
- Ensure compliance with relevant procedures, polices, legal requirements and consent conditions.
- Responsible for the day-to-day fabrication and welding of various components, and maintenance of plant equipment within the Process Plant.
- Read and interpret engineering drawings with regards to fabrication and manufacturing of new and existing works related to metal fabrication and welding.
- Complete all PM sheets and other job-related paperwork to a high standard and quality– focusing on the accuracy of information returned to the Supervisor/Leading Hand (hours, parts used, tasks completed, and defects identified).
- Maintain a positive interaction and professional work ethic through effective, honest communication with supervisors, peers, and operations personnel.
- Identify and resolve issues associated with breakdown/corrective maintenance in a timely manner
- Maintain a high standard of housekeeping in the work area both during and after completing a job/task.
Experience & Qualifications
- Minimum of Craft Certificate in metal fabrication and welding.
- Preferably 2-3 years’ experience in Mining Industry
- Demonstrated experience in MIG, TIG, Plasma ARC and Gas welding process in a mobile/fixed plant.
- Ability to make sketches and interpret engineering drawings
- Must have good communication skills in the English language.
- Must be familiar with safe working practices.
- Experience in HDPE fabrication and welding (poly welding) is an added advantage
- A member of EIZ and EngRB.
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
If you meet the requirements, submit your online application by clicking ‘APPLY NOW’.
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.barrick.com.