Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the Northwestern region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km southwest of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Lubrication Assistant.
Reporting to the Condition Monitoring Engineer, your duties will include but not limited to the following;
- Lubrication of moving parts and equipment in accordance with plant daily plan.
- Responsible for cleaning equipment, filling, and maintaining level on reservoirs
- Ensure that lubrication equipment lines are correctly positioned and replacement of malfunctional lines.
- Manage and maintain the spill kit bins and routine ordering of products.
- Use of tools and equipment for routine and non-routine lubrication functions.
- Draining and cleaning of reservoirs.
- Identify equipment repair requirements and communicate to supervisor for planning.
- Grease relubrication with manual and automatic dispensing equipment
- Maintenance of dispensing equipment and automatic systems.
- Report any discrepancies or conditions that require corrective, predictive or planned maintenance for production systems.
- Troubleshoot common lubrication-related procedural and equipment problems.
- Perform basic evaluation of oil analysis results and recommend current and future maintenance actions.
- Operate within standard operating procedures (SOP’s) as directed by the supervisor.
- Maintain the hydrocarbon shed and the oil separators
Experience & Qualifications
- Full Grade 12 School Certificate
- Trade test Certificate in Mechanical Fitting is an added advantage
- Member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia added advantage
- Minimum of one (1) year experience in any Mechanical Maintenance related field
- Must have excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Proven ability to deliver results and act as a change agent.
Zambian Nationals who meet requirements for this position and are resident in Zambia are strongly encouraged to apply
If you meet the requirements, submit your online application by clicking ‘APPLY NOW’.
Applicants may be subjected to any of the following: a Security and / or Police Clearance Check; a Competence Assessment, Qualifications, Credit and Reference Checks.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.barrick.com.