- Company: Zambia Sugar
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Construction/Real Estate Jobs in Zambia
Zambia Sugar Plc. is a subsidiary of Illovo Sugar Africa (Pty) Ltd Group and is the leading sugar producer in Zambia. Its main activities are the growing of sugar cane, the production and marketing of sugar and other sugar downstream products.
The Company invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the following position in the Estate Support Services Department:
QUANTITY SURVEYOR (1 POSITION) – PERMANENT
The position reports to the Capital Projects Co-ordinator.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for supporting capital projects and engineering works for effective cost management in maintenance, renovations and construction. The operational performance involves providing inputs and expertise on cost effective Bill of Quantities (BOQ’s) for projects and maintenance requirements on the estate, ensuring that all works are signed off against the BOQ’s and the appropriate standards as agreed in a works contract whilst adhering to in-Country SHERQ standards and promote world class safety practices.
Key performance areas
- Prepare Bills of Quantities for tenders, carry out evaluations, analyse quotes and provide technical guidance to the adjudication team.
- Prepare estimates of works and provide guidance on the best procurement method for the particular job.
- Monitor effective use of materials, labour and equipment.
- Provide guidance to the procurement team on quality, quantity and time delivery of materials
- Adhere to all principles of cost saving measures throughout the lifecycle of a structure during design, implementation, operations, demolition and waste management
- Prepare estimates and budgets for decision making
- Ensuring that purchase orders are done in accordance with section requirements (in terms of quality, usage and price) and that, material are correctly specified and ordered timely.
- Provide technical and professional advice on designs and drawings to ensure conformity to accepted standards and safety whilst being cost effective.
- Give priority to safety, quality and environmental principles and practices, for all maintenance and projects, advising the line functions accordingly.
- Complete any assigned minor projects within time, cost, quality and safety requirements.
- Monitor and report on project progress using Best Practice Quantity Surveying practices to certify project progress during execution
- Sign off all works in line with BOQ’s, Quality Control Processes and legislative requirements.
- Promote and adhere to Illovo’s procedures, policies and guidelines, including, without limitation, those relating to SHERQ, Competition Law and Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC)
- Keep current with industry standards and best practices, to provide current and effective recognised solutions.
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Bachelors of Engineering Degree (Building Science, Quantity Surveying, Construction Management)
- 3 years’ experience at industrial installations or in building services
- Leadership and communication skills
- Ability to negotiate and influence others
- Ability to accurately interpret drawings and clients’ needs
- Member of the Engineering Institute of Zambia
Should you be interested in applying for this role, please submit your detailed CV, copies of relevant qualifications, relevant professional accreditation, registrations and ID/Passport for the attention of the HR Business Partner to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly stating the role applied for in the subject line.
Closing date for applications: 6 July, 2022
Applicants may be required to complete pre-employment checks (qualification, credit, security, background, and medical assessments) as part of the recruitment process where applicable.
By submitting your application, you consent to permitting Zambia Sugar Plc to process your personal information and contacting the referees indicated in your application.