- Company: The Nature Conservancy
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
What We Can Achieve Together:
The Finance Manager provides highly specialized finance, accounting and grant and award-related management services for the global Protect Oceans, Lands and Waters (POLW) business unit.
The Finance Manager will be a key member of the POLW Operations Team and manage responsibilities for large, multi-year and collaborative protection outcome projects across highest priority geographic regions. The Finance Manager has multiple clients including conservation teams, finance and business unit leadership, centralized finance and accounting staff, philanthropy relationship managers and donor stewards, and external partners. Examples of specific responsibilities include multi-year planning and budgeting for programs and fund portfolios; leading and coordinating with global, regional and country teams (especially financial contacts) on planning, fund allocation and reporting; preparing and reviewing monthly/quarterly/annual reports for internal and external stakeholders; carrying out accounting activities including adjustments, journal entries and balance sheet maintenance; guiding program leads regarding financial positions, best practices, processes and systems; participating in Operations Team and extended operations team efforts and special projects; and coordinating with philanthropy and conservation staff on proposals and donor reports. They employ strong relationship and information management skills to advance priorities and meet goals and outcomes, responds to complex employee/management questions and problems based on advanced knowledge of finances, and provide assistance to all levels of personnel to help raise financial literacy and sustainability. They have a high level of expertise in their areas of management and administer and maintain finance and accounting activities in accordance with TNC policies, procedures and best practices.
The location for this position is flexible within countries where The Nature Conservancy is a registered NGO and has an already established office. This position is not eligible for relocation or immigration assistance. May involve domestic and international travel.
What You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field and 4 years’ related experience or equivalent combination.
- Experience with relational databases / enterprise financial systems.
- Technical experience with grants award accounting issues.
- Experience, coursework or other training with U.S. Federal Uniform Guidance, state and local regulations, multilateral and international regulations, and standard contract clauses, as applicable.
- Experience using accounting and financial reporting systems.
- Experience with government regulations related to grants and contracts.
For a full Job profile and how to apply please visit careers.nature.org/ and search for 518284.
Submit CV and cover letter separately using the upload buttons online. All applications must be submitted to the system before the end of the day on August 14th, 2022.