Chitambo Agro Processing Limited (the “Company”) is a greenfield project that is owned by the Industrial Development Corporation (“IDC”) in partnership with the Chitambo District Cooperative Union (CDCU).
The Company has invested in a cassava processing plant for the production of cassava meal, starch, and animal feed for the local and regional markets.
- Implement all human resource policies and procedures on issues like working conditions, performance management, equal opportunities, disciplinary procedures, and absence management.
- Work closely with various departments, increasingly in an advisory role, assisting line managers to understand and implement policies and procedures.
- Provide input in the controlling and co-ordinating of the human resource function with the view of acquiring and retaining quality employees to meet Company objectives.
- Recruit staff, which involves developing job descriptions and person specifications, preparing job adverts, checking application forms, shortlisting, interviewing, and selecting candidates.
- Plan and ensure systematic induction for all new employees.
- Track the attendance of all staff as per Company requirements and communication.
- Track leave database, eligibility, availed and closing balances of leaves.
- Coordinate and manage a wide range of employee engagement activities on regular basis.
- Advise on pay and other remuneration issues, including promotion and benefits.
- Negotiate with staff and their representatives (for example, trade union officials) on issues relating to pay and conditions, contracts, and redundancy packages.
- Administer payroll and maintain employee records.
- Interpret and advise on employment law.
- Deal with grievances and implement disciplinary procedures
- Plan and sometimes deliver training.
- Analyse training needs in conjunction with departmental managers.
- Undertake other works as may be assigned from time to time.
- Coordinates effective maintenance of offices and surroundings to enhance conducive working environment.
- Facilitates the timely provision of office space to officers.
- Effectively facilitates the availability and maintenance (servicing) of the fleet.
- Initiates timely processing of fuels/lubricants for all motor vehicles to enhance transport availability.
- Facilitates fuel drawings follow the laid down procedure to enhance accountability.
- Initiates the processing of all motor vehicles licenses to ensure the vehicles are roadworthy.
- Facilitates effectively adequate security on the premises.
- Facilitates timely preparation of payment request for all utility related bills (including not limited to electricity, phone, and internet).
- Supervises and undertakes improved working environment (Safety, Health, and Sanitation) for the Company.
- Submits weekly/monthly and other reports as may be required.
- Maintain proper records on all administrative functions.
- Ensures office supplies are maintained.
Knowledge, Skills, Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 certificate.
- Minimum of a Diploma in Human Resources Management or other relevant fields.
- Minimum of 5 years relevant work experience.
- Should be a member of Zambia Institute of Human Resource Management (ZIHRM) with a valid practicing license.
Competencies required for this Role
Only qualified and interested applicants who are willing to work in Chitambo District of Central Province of Zambia should submit their application letter, updated Curriculum Vitae, Traceable References, copies of qualifications, and national registration card (NRC).
If contacted for tests and/or job interviews, please take with you your original NRC, qualifications, and any supporting documents in your possession.
- Applicants who do not meet the requirements will not be considered.
- No lobbying or corruption will be allowed.
- After uploading your documents, you are required to fill in the form as provided by the link below:
- Fill in the sections below and upload your documents.
- Copy the link above.
- Paste it into your browser.
- Fill in the form.
Chitambo Agro Processing Limited is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 20th October, 2022.