Chemonics seeks a data analytics manager for the USAID Zambia Program for Advancing Supply Chain Outcomes (PASCO) Activity. The project is a commodity distribution program that aims to create sustainable access to safe, effective, quality-assured, affordable lifesaving health commodities by strengthening capacity for transportation and distribution systems in consultation with the Zambia Medicines and Medical Supplies Agency (ZAMMSA). The data analytics manager will use data to (i) model, manage, and improve 3PL services, (ii) support data collection and analytics required for monitoring and reporting for the project under the approved monitoring, evaluation, and learning (MEL) plan, and (iii) support analytics needed to derive insights into the broader distribution landscape in Zambia for application to the public health supply chain. The location of the assignment is Lusaka, Zambia with intermittent travel throughout the country. We are seeking individuals who have a passion for making a difference in the lives of people around the world.
- Manage the design and development of systems to collect, analyze, and report on project results and 3PL-related distribution data. Support the maintenance of a logistics database that includes sites covered, distances, rates, GPS points, and other key data points.
- Collaborate and coordinate with technical teams to determine requirements for data warehousing, reporting, and analytical solutions.
- Design and manage user-friendly dashboards, virtual maps, and interactive reporting tools to increase visibility and improve data-driven decision-making for project activities.
- Manage analytics dashboards and databases to develop and refine KPIs to measure 3PL performance and support the logistics team to ensure that performance management of 3PLs is driven by data and evidence.
- Provide systems and tools to use data to derive insights on project performance and drive process improvements. Provide data analytics support for studies and operational research to generate recommendations on Zambia’s distribution system.
- Design data collection, storage, analysis, reporting, and security procedures. Develop management procedures to ensure the adequacy, accuracy, and legitimacy of data.
- Formulate techniques for quality data collection to ensure adequacy, accuracy, and legitimacy of data by eliciting and gathering requirements from technical teams within the organization, and organizing, analyzing, translating, and simplifying the requirements.
- Provide support in managing security mechanisms and data access governance. Create and enforce guidelines for effective data management. Ensure digital databases and archives are protected from security breaches and data loss.
- Exhibit Chemonics values and build a culture of “Living our Values” within the project.
- Carry out additional responsibilities as may be assigned from time to time by the supervisor of record.
- Bachelor’s degree in Data Science, Computer Science, Statistics, Applied Mathematics, or any Quantitative discipline required; Master’s or other advanced degree preferred.
- Minimum of five (5) years’ work experience working in business intelligence development, strategic planning, and data management experience required.
- Highly proficient in utilizing SQL Server technologies, Python, PowerBI, etc. to manipulate, arrange, query, and present data.
- Experience with complex problem solving, to include data manipulation, assessing data quality, data modeling, statistical analysis, and reporting.
- Experience working with large, complex data sets to support the implementation of data solutions that help predict, improve, and measure the success of key supply chain outcomes.
- Results-driven and able to handle multiple projects.
- Demonstrated ownership and leadership of analytics and/or data deliverables.
- Ability to respond in an effective and timely manner.
- Proficient in MS Office (Excel, Access, Word, PowerPoint, etc.).
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills.
- Tech-savvy, with excellent troubleshooting skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity
- Fluency in spoken and written English required
To apply please send a resume and expression of interest to ZambiaPASCORecruit@chemonics.com with a subject line of “PASCO Data Analytics Manager” by December 7, 2022. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.