Razel-Bec limited, a construction and civil engineering company which is currently undertaking a project of rehabilitating the plunge pool of the Kariba dam in Siavonga Zambia. The purpose of the contract is to perform, on behalf of the Zambezi River Authority (ZRA), works to reshape the plunge pool of the Kariba dam on the Zambezi River, which is a natural border between Zambia and Zimbabwe:
ENVIRONMENTAL AND SOCIAL OFFICER (1)
Advise the Management team on current Environmental and Social legislation, including any amendments to the current and up-coming new legislation being introduced. To advise on available options, making recommendations and generating action plans to ensure that the company remains compliant.
- Ensure the adequacy, accessibility and functionality of emergency response, personnel, facilities and equipment, emergency preparedness and response teams, absorbent booms, absorbent materials for water and soil spill kits.
- Checks the proper functioning of emergency equipment, at least once a month and after any incident requiring the use of equipment.
- Implementing and managing the company ESMP objectives, targets, procedures, and programmes as required
- Ensure that significant environmental and social risks are identified, correctly managed, and communicated to all affected personnel.
- Understanding the legal requirements pertaining to the site and ensuring legal requirements are incorporated into procedures and management plans.
- Ensuring that all who work for and on behalf of the company are aware of all ESMP procedures.
- Ensuring that all who work for and on behalf of the company are aware of the relevant Environmental and Social legal obligations and other requirements the site is required to comply with for all activities and operations conducted.
- Conduct Risk analysis/assessments for both critical and non-critical tasks.
- Attends various meetings with the Supervisor and the Supervisor’s representation.
- Ensure a high level of staff awareness and preparation (toolbox, audits, environmental talk, etc.).
- Conduct fieldwork to collect data samples of water and dust for analysis, often in remote locations.
- Operate and maintain scientific equipment and instruments.
- Be used to using HANNA Instruments multiparameter.
- Investigates environmental incidents and accidents and take appropriate corrective action.
- Ensure IT reporting.
- Ensure animation and reporting on social and gender.
- Propose innovative and/or relevant environmental solutions to management.
- Autonomous and rigorous.
- Achieve weekly, monthly, and annual target set by management.
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE
a) Bachelor’s degree in environmental health, public health, or other relevant qualifications
b) At least five (5) years relevant experience.
c) Proficient in MS Outlook, MS word and MS Excel.
d) Must be able to work with minimum supervision.
e) Excellent interpersonal and leadership skills.
Only candidates who meet the above stated requirements should apply. Bring your application letters in person to Razel-Bec site office, addressing them to Human Resource Officer, or send your applications via email to firstname.lastname@example.org clearly indicating in the job title in the subject e.g ENVIRONMENTAL AND SOCIAL OFFICER
Siavonga residents are encouraged to apply. Closing Date: Friday 27th January 2023.
Disclaimer: Job application are free of charge, should any body be requested for a financial compensation to get a job, it is illegal and Razel-Bec disavows any of such actions.