About NRECA International
NRECA International (NRECA) is a rural development organization with the mission to increase access to reliable electric service in developing countries. Since 1962, NRECA’s programs have focused on improving and expanding electric infrastructure, establishing self-sustaining and well-managed electric utilities, and providing technical assistance to national electrification planners. NRECA is currently working on three continents to provide expertise in the establishment and support of electric cooperatives; renewable energy on- and off-grid utility design and start-up; geospatial platforms for electrification investment planning; universal electrification access strategy planning; utility benchmarking and service improvements; construction supervision; smart grid planning and implementation; and engineering design and analysis.
Zambia Electric Cooperative Development Program Objective and Outcomes
The objective of the Zambia Electric Cooperative Development Program (ZECDP) is to increase access to electricity in rural areas through development of viable, electric cooperative enterprises. The ZECDP is co-financed by USAID and NRECA. The program will demonstrate the value that electric cooperatives yield as viable service providers and an integral component of electrification expansion in Zambia. Achievement of the program objective will lead to several outcomes:
- Increased access to electric service in multiple rural communities
- Demonstrate a sustainable and robust service provider model that is community -based
- Increased income generating activities for cooperative members through productive uses.
About the Position
The Project Driver will be a full-time position(48 hours weekly) located at the ZECDP office in Lusaka Zambia, with frequent overnight travel to communities in rural Zambia.
The Driver will be responsible for the following duties:
- Safe transport of ZECDP staff to business meetings within Lusaka and other provinces
- Maintaining travel logs of all trips
- Advising Program Office on conditions for travel outside of Lusaka
- Providing transport for overnight trips within Zambia for the performance of ZECDP activities in rural communities at times for several consecutive days or weeks.
- Maintaining the general appearance of the Program Vehicle as well as ensuring that any noticeable maintenance issues are immediately reported to the Program Office for resolution.
- As requested, completion of errands and deliveries on behalf of the Program Office and assistance with light administrative tasks in the Program Office when not providing transportation services.
- High School Diploma
- A minimum of 5 years professional experience as a full-time driver for an international donor agency , government or private sector company.
- Excellent knowledge of key areas of Lusaka as well as good knowledge and previous experience providing transportation and logistical support to other provinces across Zambia.
- Basic computer skills and knowledge of navigation software /apps
- Good communication skills in English and working knowledge of local Zambian languages is required.
- Valid drivers license.
- Reports to the ZECDP Team Lead
Applicants should send an up-to-date CV with contact information and three professional references to NRECA.Lusaka@nreca-intl.org, by 3rd February 2023.