Our client, a well-established EPC and Services Company seeks to recruit a highly dynamic individual for the role of Business Development Manager. This role is based in Lusaka, Zambia.
Reporting to the CEO, the Business Development Manager is responsible for identifying business opportunities for EPC & Services projects in Zambia, Botswana and DRC and grow the business through securing and executing new feasible and profitable projects across the region including developing company’s business capabilities through alliances, joint ventures and partnerships.
This role will also entail overseeing a range of activities from site selection and evaluation, through project design and environmental assessment, into pre-construction including managing active projects within the development portfolio at various stages as well as build the right culture, deliver P&L in respect to Revenues and profitability.
- Identify Energy projects in advance and work to competitively position the Company for key pursuits through contract award, driving to close deals
- Oversee and co-ordinate the preparation of winning technical proposals for Energy projects or existing tenders
- Responsible for Energy revenues growth ensuring maximizing business potential.
- Ensure maximum participation in call for proposals, tenders, retention of existing customers, and recruitment of new customers
- Gather and share insights on the macro and Micro factors that affect business and work with the Chief Executive Officer to develop winning strategies for Mozambique
- Deliver Annual Operating Plans and Strategic plans by closely managing Go To Market Strategies with Competitor activities, and key economic indicator
- Working with the relevant stakeholders to draw annual Capex and Opex plans that are aligned to business delivery and monitor and report spend v/s budget to maximize shareholder value. Undertake Market intelligence and timely sharing of critical information to management to facilitate decision making and feed into strategy.
- Debt Management: Work with the Finance Team for timely collection and ensure Full Compliance with Credit policy and effectively pro-act to all issues that arise in order to minimize Company exposure to bad debt and working capital requirement.
- Lead the generation of new business through collaboration with marketing and communication team to delivery of bespoke Customer Value Preposition to the different target segments of the business as per annual operating plans (AOPs).
- Effective management of Customers queries, complaints, compliments etc.
- Managing environmental, technical and commercial interactions.
- Manager on both development sites and access routes.
- Ensure Full compliance with Country Laws and other regulatory requirements governing projects, sales, supplies, distribution, human resources and administration. Working in collaboration with all relevant internal business leaders including Legal, Operations and People and Culture.
- Full compliance with JCG’s Business Principles, Policies, processes and Standards.
- Maintain close working relationships with key internal stakeholder; Commercial, Legal, Human Resource, Risk, Marketing, Operations etc.
- Provide leadership/support in country and ensure the right culture and motivation is maintained across all levels to facilitate delivery of country objectives and exceed customer expectations.
- Build, Manage and Maintain relationships with key External stakeholders to facilitate business objectives
- University Degree in Business Development / Marketing /Commerce /Engineering or related field.
- Master’s Degree is an added advantage
- At least 7 years demonstrated experience in the EPC & Services/Energy/Oil & Gas / Related Industry
- Knowledge in Energy and Infrastructure Project Developments, Commercial & Operations Management will be an added advantage
- Experience with project-based reporting systems.
- Customer Focus
- Strategic and decisive
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
- Strong business negotiation skills
- Demonstrated people management skills
- Relationship building skills
- Maximize Business Opportunities
- Managing business performance
This is a competitive role with a competitive remuneration package. If you meet the above requirements and are interested, please send your cover letter and CV indicating your LinkedIn account, to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 31st January 2023.
We wish to thank all candidates interested in this role but advise that ONLY SHORTLISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED