FES Zambia Limited (FES) the leading supplier of premium brand products including Massey Ferguson tractors and generators, Alpler and Piccan farm implements, Netafim and Zimmatic Irrigation Equipment and construction machinery has a vacancy for a Financial Accountant based at its Head Office in Lusaka, Zambia
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Financial Accountant will among other duties perform the following key tasks:
- Preparation of Financial Statements in accordance with IFRS annually
- Reconciliation of intercompany transactions between Zambia, Malawi, and Tanzania
- Timely preparation of payments for local and foreign suppliers
- Allocation of payments to supplier invoices
- Ensure that all supplier balances are reconciled to the supplier statements
- Monthly preparation of general ledger reconciliations
- Ensure timely and accurate preparation of tax schedules
- Timely and orderly filing of accounting documents
- Filing of Journals monthly
- Filing of General ledger reconciliations
- Ensure sound internal control environment across the business
- Prepare schedules for audit purposes at year end
- Ensure that Statutory payments are reconciled and are made before the respective deadlines.
- Ensure that reconciliations of turnover in the Financial Statements vs. Turnover on VAT returns are done and resolved monthly.
- Payment of withholding taxes to ZRA
- Reconciliation of the ZRA Asycuda system vs. FES Zambia Ltd Tax ledgers.
Interested applicants should meet the following minimum criteria:
- Degree in Accounting
- CA, ACCA or CIMA
- Computer literacy
- SAGE knowledge is an advantage
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in a highly paced environment
- Excellent technical & functional skills
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements should send their application letters together with detailed and updated Curriculum Vitae and copies of certificates with three traceable referees to the following address, to reach us not later than 27th January 2023.
Please note that ONLY applicants with the relevant qualifications will be considered.
The Group Human Resources Manager
Farming & Engineering Services Ltd
P.O. Box 32699
Or E-mail: email@example.com
Only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.