Mabiza Resources Limited (“Mabiza”) operates the Munali Nickel Mine (“Munali”), which is located in the Mazabuka District, 75kms south of Lusaka, Zambia. Mabiza is a wholly owned entity of Consolidated Nickel Mines Ltd.
The Mine is a modern, world-class facility with fully mechanized underground operations. To support this vision. Mabiza is seeking the services of an experienced and qualified individual to take up the position of:
Role: Junior Metallurgist
Reporting: Senior Process Engineer
Monitor Crushing Plant comminution activities and ensure the particle size distribution conforms to standards.
- Carry out Metallurgical tests to improve plant efficiency.
- Monitor the Mills grinding efficiencies.
- Monitor the Flotation and ensures that the concentrate quality and recoveries are above target.
- Promoting highest safety standards among the people around your working perimeter and beyond the scope of the work area requirements within the Munali Mine SHEQ guidelines and other officials’ safety initiatives.
- Correct Crusher product.
- Effective performance of DMS plant.
- Milling and Floatation.
- Dewatering and Tailings disposal.
- Following up with the laboratory and ensuring that all accounting assays are entered on time and correctly such as Daily composites, shipment assays, Moistures etc.
- Promoting employee discipline for easy accounting process
Skills & Qualifications:
- Grade 12 School Certificate
- Degree in B. Min. Metallurgy or B. Eng. Chemical, or B. Eng. Metallurgy or Diploma in the above.
- A member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia (EIZ)
- Minimum two (2) years’ relevant experience in metallurgical accounting
- Experience in the use of metallurgical accounting databases.
- Good computer skills with the ability to use integrated management systems, word processing, and presentation and spread sheet applications.
MRL offers equal employment opportunities. If you are ready to take up this opportunity, e-mail or post your CV with a full application letter. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Please apply to:
Human Resources Business Partner
Mabiza Resources Limited
Or email your application and C.V. to: email@example.com
Closing Date: 3rd Feb 2023