The goal of the USAID Expanding Water and Sanitation Project is to professionalize WASH services, promote accountability for reliable and high-quality WASH services, and to enhance the enabling environment for private sector engagement in service delivery in Zambia. Following the WASH Baseline Assessment which provided context to the district level household access to water and sanitation services, the project seeks to conduct a rapid assessment to collect additional data on the functionality status of water and sanitation infrastructure in institutions such as schools, health facilities and local councils. This information is meant to inform the planning and service delivery component of the project by understanding the current functionality needs of water and sanitation infrastructure in target institutions across the 12 targeted districts.
2. Scope of work
RTI International through the USAID Expanding Water and Sanitation Project is seeking to engage the services of four Data Entry Assistants to assist with the entry and validation of data collected from 12 districts under the rapid assessment of institutional water and sanitation infrastructure. The Data Entry Assistants will be responsible for extracting data from hardcopy and softcopy questionnaires, checking the data for any errors, follow-up to correct anomalies, and enter corrected data into a specified data entry system. The Data Entry Assistants will be supervised and report to the MEL Assistant who will oversee their orientation and output deliverables.
3. Key deliverables
The key deliverables for Data Entry Assistants contracted will be:
1. Daily updates on data entry targets and completion provided.
2. Questionnaires from all 12 districts verified and submitted in the system.
4. Duties and responsibilities for (4) Data entry assistants
The Data Entry Assistant will be responsible for the extraction of data from the hardcopies or soft copy questionnaires coming from the districts and entering this data into a data entry form. The Data Entry Assistant will adhere to USAID data quality standards by ensuring that data entered is accurate, complete, and valid.
- Enter data from paper-based and soft copy questionnaires into the data entry form
- Make phone call/email follow-ups on missing data, and observed anomalies to improve accuracy and completeness
- Ensure that missing data is properly coded in the data entry form
5.Qualifications and requirements
- Possess a minimum of a Grade 12 General Education Certificate.
- Be a college student or recent tertiary-level graduate.
- Skilled in research data entry using CommCare, ODK, KoboCollect, or Google forms.
- Ready to commit to the stipulated duration and work deliverables.
Suitably qualified candidates can email their application letter and curriculum vitae to Procurement-ZEWASH@rti.org by 1st February 2023.