VisionFund Zambia Limited is part of a network of microfinance institutions within the VisionFund International network. We empower low-income entrepreneurs with access to integrated financial services that unlock their potential. We are part of World Vision, the largest global Christian humanitarian organization. In order to support our growth aspirations, we seek to recruit a qualified candidate who are self-motivated and results-oriented to fill the following position:
Reporting to: Head People & Culture
Location: Head Office / Lusaka
PURPOSE OF THE POSITION: PEOPLE & CULTURE OFFICER
To support the Head People & Culture in delivery of Human Resource services in the organization in accordance with VisionFund Zambia policies and standard practices.
1. Recruitment & On-Boarding:
- Maintain an updated workforce plan.
- Coordinate and participate in interviews and other assessments.
- Support line Managers in generating job requisitions in the HRIS.
- Prepare and update employment contracts for staff with prior approval of the Chief Executive Officer and in liaison with the Head People & Culture.
- Schedule and Conduct orientation for all new staff members, including benefits orientation and sign-up, human resource manual orientation, VisionFund Zambia orientation.
2. Performance Management:
- Assist employees to understand the performance management cycle and ensure that employees complete their performance agreements in the HRIS.
- Send reminders to line managers when appraisals are due.
- Analyze performance completed appraisal forms and consolidate ratings for Management reports.
- Promote best practice in PMS.
3. Training & Staff Development:
- Conduct training needs analysis and consolidate the annual training calendar.
- Developing training content for selected in-house workshops and facilitate training.
4. Staff Care
- Ensure that all staff are aware of the staff medical scheme guidelines and proper usage of the same.
- Propose staff welfare initiatives to Head P&C.
- Maintain an updated workforce report that matches with the payroll records, such as number of staff and leave days.
- Submit the Monthly Management Report, to the P&C Head, including monthly statistical information on staff by the 3rd day of each month.
- Recording, reporting and processing occupational accident cases
- Ensuring that Group Life Assurance schedules are updated monthly.
6. HRIS & Employee Records (Work Day):
- Recruit all staff in the Work Day system.
- Ensure that the staff data sitting in Work Day is accurate and updated at all time.
- Support all employees in the utilization of the HRIS.
7. Labour Laws:
- Ensure that all staff have read and understood the Human Resource Manual, signed acknowledgments placed on the respective files.
- Interpret prevailing labour laws to both staff and their line managers.
8. Staff Exists:
- Conduct exit interview debriefings and Facilitating of clearance process for all separations.
- Participate in all staff guarding activities with the company.
Qualifications: Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Human Resource/ Bachelor’s Degree in Business Studies and an IPM Diploma, or Human Resources Management.
- Two years’ experience in Human Resources and Administration.
- Previous experience in HR recruitment, staff compensation and benefits, staff development and employee relations
- High level of organizational and administrative skills
- Ability to identify new HR techniques, formulate and write new procedures
- Able to communicate clearly and confidently in spoken and written English.
- Ability to work in a cross-cultural environment with multi-national staff, maintaining a standard of appearance and manner to work in a dynamic environment and culture
- Self-motivated and self-directed
- Proactive in seeking creative solutions, taking initiative to bring change and make improvements
- Positive and encouraging thinker, able to build bridges and influence others
- A fully paid member of Zambia Institute of Human Resource and Management
Working Environment / Conditions:
- Work environment: Office-based with frequent travel to the field
- 80% at the office
Applications should be sent to-
The People & Culture Manager
Plot 6810, Chiwalamabwe road Olympia,
P.O. Box 33911
VisionFund Zambia is an equal opportunity employer. Females are encouraged to apply.
Kindly note that VisionFund Zambia Limited does not solicit for fees at any stage of recruitment process, any such attempts should be treated as fraudulent and report immediately.
Deadline for submissions is 7th February, 2023