Job Title: Mechanic
Reporting to the Workshop Supervisor , The AUTOMOTIVE MECHANIC will be responsible for detecting, repairing and assist prevent problems with vehicle performance, as well as ensure that vehicles run safely and reliably.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- The candidate will be expected to carry out maintenance and repair work of the company’s truck fleet.
- The candidate may be expected to carry out work away from the workshop which may include working out of town.
- Ensure the trucks are thoroughly Checked and maintained fully.
- Build and assemble machines or mechanical components according to requirements
- inspect machines, engines, transmissions etc. and run diagnostic tests to discover functionality issues
- Conduct repairs aiming for maximum reliability
- Troubleshoot reported problems and resolve them in a timely manner
- Perform thorough maintenance on machinery, equipment and systems
- Clean and apply lubricants to machinery components
- Replenish fluids and components of engines and machinery
- Provide consultation on correct maintenance and preventative measures to machine or vehicle users
- Undertake other duties as assigned (e.g. repair of hydraulic systems, painting vehicles etc.)
- Keep logs of work and report on issues
Education & Experience
- We are expecting the candidate to have a minimum of 3 years of experience in the repair and maintenance of both European and Chinese brand trucks such as, Howo, Shacman, Powerstar, Freightliner, Sino, Scania and Volvo.
- Good understanding of pneumatic and hydraulic systems
- Must be capable of dismantling and assembling an engine
- Fault finding and troubleshooting skills are necessary for this position.
- Must be able to work with minimal supervision.
- Previous experience in a transportation company.
- Very good communication skills
- A problem-solving ability
- Very good physical strength and stamina
- Diploma is preferred; Certification from a vocational school or completion of apprenticeship is a definite plus
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
February 6, 2023
Get Notifications Faster by: