Purpose of the role:
To assemble and maintain heavy mining equipment and machinery at a manufacturing facility and working closely with a team of assembly technicians to ensure that all equipment is assembled efficiently, safely, and to the highest quality standards.
REPORTS TO: MACHINE BUILD SHIFT SUPERVISOR
The Machine Build Mechanic will be required to perform the following tasks:
- Ensure Health and Safety standards, Regulations and Procedures are adhered to at all times.
- Participate in safety meetings.
- Analyze all components to be worked on, and ensure task requirements are clearly understood and all risks identified before commencing the job.
- Assembly of heavy mining equipment and machinery at the customers site of operations.
- Ensure that all equipment is assembled efficiently, safely, and to the highest quality standards.
- Ensure that all necessary parts and materials are available when needed.
- Ensure tools are available for the team and kept in good condition.
- Ensure quality of work is inspected before dispatching.
- Ensuring compliance with all safety regulations and quality standards throughout the assembly process.
- Report all incidents immediately to the Supervisor.
- Comply with all incident reporting and hazard identification policies.
- To promote the culture of safety, quality & efficiency.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
- Grade 12 Certificate
- Minimum of an Advanced Certificate in Heavy Equipment Repair
- Diploma in Heavy Equipment Repair/Mechanical engineering from a recognized institution will be an added advantage.
- Minimum experience of 3 years on heavy equipment machinery in a mining environment.
- Must have experience in heavy equipment assembly.
- Knowledge of heavy machinery and equipment maintenance is mandatory.
- Valid driver’s license.
- Practicing Member of EIZ.
- Safety and Quality Awareness
- Advanced knowledge of Machines & Equipment
- Knowledge of the use of parts and service manuals
- Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Good Communication & Listening Skills
- Action Orientation / Initiative
- Planning and Organizing
- Ability to work well under pressure
If you meet the requirements above, email your detailed C.V, certified copies of certificates and cover letter in a single document to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send your application to:
The Human Resource Manager,
Hitachi Construction Machinery Zambia, Co. Ltd.
KK International Airport Road, Plot 2350/M
P.O. Box 30182, Lusaka.
The closing date for applications is Tuesday 7th February, 2023. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.