The key purpose of this role is to Safely operate and maintain defined Packaging equipment and related processes in order to achieve optimal effectiveness.
Key Roles and Responsibilities:
Operating Equipment and Manage Associated Processes & Performance in Packaging
- Ensure and maintain a safe and healthy work environment
- Interpret and implement production plan for shift
- Operate manual and automatic machines on line as per standards
- Monitor production processes on shift and correct any negative trends
- Ensure process quality and productivity
- Complete associated tracking and monitoring: Complete operator workstation administration and take action as required.
- Complete Team room administration as required
- Contribute to self development
- Manage PIMS & POMS and take corrective action on negative trends
- Use QFR’s (As per triggers)
- Complete 5 WHY’s (As per triggers) with relevant team members
- Contribute towards AB reports as required.
Conduct autonomous operations.
Operating and Process Control
- Operating equipment in Packaging process areas according to VPO standards
- Constantly reviewing process performance against target, and recording short stops and correcting any out of controls using the VPO tools
- Recording waste and movement of product on the appropriate documentation or information systems. Review trends to identify & resolve problems
Maintenance of Plant and Equipment
- Carrying out autonomous operations as defined for the process areas.
- Identify defective plant, and report these through to the Process Artisan or Team Leader to assist with resolution.
- Assisting the Process Artisan/Machine specialist in executing running repairs on shift.
Quality Control and Analysis
- Carrying out the required quality checks and analyses and recording the results on the appropriate information system.
- The list of quality checks to be executed is contained in the work instructions.
- React to the results using the VPO tools supplied
- Actively participate in shift meetings, asking questions to test understanding and contributing suggestions. making use of the action logs to record issues, problems and improvement opportunities.
- Fully understand the team Dream and contribute in achieving it.
- Make use of relevant communication media (e.g. shift logbook) to stay informed and inform others of issues.
- Complete required hand over to incoming shift team members, ensuring the issues relating to plant performance, quality and maintenance are communicated.
- Where problems occur, use the VPO problem solving tools to resolve and record the issues.
Key Attributes and Competencies:
- Prepared to work shifts
- The main role is to apply core competencies to achieve optimum plant and process performance.
- Manage a process area according to VPO principles and standards
- A logical, analytical problem solver who can operate in an unstructured environment.
- A team player (prepared to communicate, listen and assist).
- Initiative and energy.
- Achievement Drive (improvement, do better than standard or what was done previously, be the best).
Education and Experience:
- Diploma/Certificate in any field
- Training Min – 9 months on the job training, SKAP completed.
- Completed SKAP within 12 months
- Experience within a packaging FMCG industry
AB InBev is an equal opportunity employer and all appointments will be made in-line with AB InBev employment equity plan and talent requirements. We are a company that promotes gender equality. Internal applicants require Line manager approval. Please note that only short-listed applicants will be contacted.
The advert has minimum requirements listed. Management reserves the right to use additional/relevant information as criteria for short-listing. Interested candidates who meet the above specifications may apply no later than the 7th of February 2023.
Submit your CV and Application on Company Website : Click Here
Closing Date : 28th February, 2023.