Zambia Sugar Plc. is a subsidiary of Illovo Sugar Africa (Pty) Ltd Group and is the leading sugar producer in Zambia. Its main activities are the growing of sugar cane, the production and marketing of sugar and other sugar downstream products.
The Company invites applications from suitably qualified and experienced persons to fill the position of Operational Maintenance Foreman in the Manufacturing Department.
The position reports to the Production Shift Manager. The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that all on/off crop and dayshift operational maintenance tasks are conducted safely in line with Illovo standards and Mill requirements by adopting best practices as well as adhering and promoting SHERQ & Food standards. Please see below specific areas of focus:
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Promote and adhere to Illovo’s procedures, policies and guidelines, including, without limitation, those relating to SHERQ, Competition Law and Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC)
- Scalding juice heater and FE process drains cleaning
- Ensure that heaters cleaning equipment is readily available on site and in good condition
- Order all cleaning equipment from stores or suppliers
- Monitor cleaning equipment stock levels (Inventory) at Main stores (Procurement)
- Cane yard and boiler surrounding cleaning
- Blowing off bagasse from all FE or Mill House structures
- Cleaning underneath bagasse conveyors
- Boiler chemicals inventory and ordering
- Technical assistance to Front End operations
- Boiler chemicals usage control and reconciliation
- Supervision and budget control for hired plant equipment
- Management of scrap yard
- Ensure compliance to ISO/Environmental systems requirements
- Ensure statutory/legal systems compliance – Boilers, General operations
- Ensure food safety systems compliance and documentation
- Mill sanitation
- Vessel cleaning (Mechanical or chemical cleaning) in off crop and stop day (Evaporator, Heaters & Pans)
- Engage suppliers (OEM) on improvements, technical assistance, training etc.
- Arrange for vessel cleaning consultancy services when need arises
- In – charge of the molasses de-brixing cooling plants
- In – charge of all molasses storage (tanks and bladders) and issuing
- In – charge of urea molasses preparation for special customers
- Carry out molasses reconciliation between Land prep, Marketing, Laboratory and Finance)
- In – charge of maintenance of all molasses plants
- In – charge of all Factory effluent dams and their maintenance including oil traps
- Technical assistance to Back End operations
- General Back End plant cleaning
- Process chemicals – Ordering and inventory control
- Generate reports; Molasses reconciliation, Vessel cleaning etc.
- Process drains cleaning and re – melt sugar handling
- Minimum Diploma in Mechanical or Chemical Engineering.
- At least 5 Years industrial experience
- Able to work methodically and systematically in a Sugar Mill environment
- Knowledge of sugar making equipment
- Strong planning and organising skills
- Track record in Leading and Managing a team effectively
Should you be interested in applying for this position, please email your detailed CV & copies of qualifications to firstname.lastname@example.org
All email applications should have the subject: OPERATIONAL MAINTENANCE FOREMAN
Failure to adhere to this requirement will render the application invalid.
Closing date for applications: 6th April, 2023
If you have not been contacted within 2 weeks after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.