Nanga Farms Ltd is a large, irrigated Sugarcane Estate situated 25km Northeast of Mazabuka in the Southern Province of Zambia. The Company is part of the Illovo Sugar Africa Group, and its main activities are the cultivation of 2,860 hectares of sugarcane and the rearing of 1 ,400 head of cattle. The Company employs approximately 1,100 employees at peak season. The company now invites applications from suitably qualified persons to fill the following position:
POSITION: LAND PREPARATION SUPERVISOR – G5 x 1
Reporting to the Field Services Manager, the success candidate will be responsible for supervising and coordinating all land preparation activities in the farm and tasking of subordinates.
KEY PERFORMANCE AREAS
- Ensuring that land preparation activities are completed in time for planting
- Supervising tillage activities to ensure good quality seed bed is prepared for planting
- Coordinating land preparation activities between Contractors and Nanga Farms
- Assisting in the development and implementation of land prep/machinery weekly and daily activity plans
- Identifying needs for all mechanical repairs for land preparation equipment and implements
- Adhering to SHERQ procedures and ensure this is implemented in your section
- Diploma or Certificate in Agricultural Management/Land use Planning,
- Full Grade 12 Certificate.
- Minimum three years’ work experience in similar position.
Candidates who meet the above specifications should apply before 5th April 2023 enclosing their detailed CV (together with references), and copies of Educational and professional qualifications, contact address, ‘phone number and email address to: NangaCareers@zamsugar.zm
Human Resource Officer
Nanga Farms Ltd
P.O Box 670079