HUMAN RESOURCES DIRECTOR (PERMANENT)
This executive position is based at Nakambala and reports to the Country Managing Director.
The successful incumbent will be responsible for aligning the country Human Resources strategy, plans, and resources to directly support the strategic imperatives of Country business strategy.
- Manage an integrated country talent approach to meet current and future talent and leadership needs.
- Support strategies to ensure organizational effectiveness.
- Develop the in-Country learning and development strategy and programmes to build critical skills to drive the growth strategy and achieve business results.
- Ensure effective country reward strategies.
- Lead Country HR functional excellence and business partnering (e.g., by ensuring efficient HR processes and systems are in place and being used)
- Collaborate to ensure a healthy employee climate, culture, and relations.
- Provide accurate HR analytics for effective decision making.
- Manage HR risks (statutory, regulatory and policy requirements)
- Collaborate with Group and champion / guide implementation of relevant standards in- Country and provide strategic leadership and guidance.
- Adhere to safety standards and promote world class safety practices.
- Promote and adhere to Illovo’s procedures, policies, and guidelines, including, without limitation, those relating to SHERQ, Competition Law and Anti-Bribery and Corruption (ABC)
Qualifications and Experience
- BSc/BA in Human Resources, Organizational Psychology, Business Administration, or relevant field; MSc in Human Resources or MBA will be an added advantage.
- Minimum of 10 years industry experience in Senior Executive roles.
- Proven experience as Human Resources Director.
- Excellent knowledge of employment legislation and regulations.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills.
- Proven track record of driving or supporting change management initiatives.
- Member of the Zambia Institute of Human Resources Management (ZIHRM)
NB: Ensure that you indicate the position you are applying in the subject line of the mail
Closing date for applications is Close of business 13th June 2023 at 17:00hrs.
Should you not hear from us within 4 weeks after the closing date, please accept that your application was unsuccessful.