We are looking for a talented ONSITE TECHNICIAN to join our team specializing in SERVICE for our DISTRIBUTION BUSINESS SEGMENT in KITWE, ZAMBIA.
In this role, the candidate will make an impact in the following ways:
- Diagnostics Application – Translates customer complaints to develop troubleshooting plan; troubleshoots issue following guided work flows, procedures, specialized equipment such as mechanical and electronic service tools, and diagnoses computer software to isolate failed components to enable a successful repair; validates repair by duplicating complaint to ensure it has been resolved; documents results of troubleshooting in business systems to communicate what has been done for payment and historical tracking.
- Electronic Service Tool Application – Identifies the suite of available hardware and software tools required for a service event; utilizes the appropriate electronic tool set to maintain the product or diagnose and troubleshoot an issue; interprets electronic tool results or recommendations to determine next steps for service resolution.
- Product Repair and Maintenance – Repairs and maintains mechanical/electrical products following guidelines, using required tools within standard repair time to ensure a quality repair; disassembles and assembles engines or power generators following guidelines, using required tools to ensure a clean and organized environment; inspects and replaces parts and components following re-use guidelines to minimize customers cost of ownership; performs progressive damage check following guidelines to restore to pre-failure condition
- Engine Systems Interactions – Interprets and analyzes the interactions of internal and external electrical and mechanical systems (exhaust, heating, cooling, fuel systems, driveline, aftertreatment, controls, sensors, etc.) by applying tools, service publications (Cummins, Original Equipment Manufacturer) and taking measurements to efficiently and correctly diagnose and repair.
- Technical Escalation – Obtains product technical issue information and utilizes available resources including data management tools; elevates issues to a higher level of expertise, balancing timeliness of customer response with investigation efforts; captures all troubleshooting steps in the appropriate database in order to ensure seamless transitions and accurate response to ticket resolution in a timely manner.
- Service Documentation – Creates and verifies customer, equipment and technical information; captures specific data using required service tools; follows procedures and documents required information in the service management system in order to have an accurate record of the work done
To be successful in this role the candidate will need the following:
- Trade or craft certificate
- Intermediate level knowledge of and/or experience with power generation or engine products
- Valid class B drivers license
- Basic level field service work experience
Primary Location Zambia-Copperbelt-Kitwe-Zambia, Kitwe, Distributor Branch
Job Type Shop
Recruitment Job Type Technician
Job Posting Jun 8, 2023, 11:16:58 AM
Unposting Date Ongoing
Organization Distribution Business
Role Category Onsite
Req ID: 230005HI
This position may require licensing for compliance with export controls or sanctions regulations.
Closing Date : 17th June, 2023.