DRIVER/EQUIPMENT OPERATOR (x1) – Permanent & Pensionable
Purpose of the Job
To drive a motor vehicle in order to transport the Company’s staff and equipment as directed.
- Carries out pre-shift checks on motor vehicle for oil, water, tyre pressure and any visible defects, reports noted faults timely in order to affect repairs.
- Ensures that spare wheel, jack, triangles, first Aid box, wheel spanner or any other accessories are in the vehicle prior to depart and on arrival.
- Drives a motor vehicle to transport staff and equipment to assigned destination and undertakes errands on behalf of the corporation.
- Operates equipment (Tractor, Crane Mounted Vehicle, Vacuum Tanker) as may be assigned from time to time
- Delivers mails documents timely as directed by superior and ensures that all the assignments are met.
- Undertakes minor repairs and maintenance in faults detected on the vehicle and reports major ones to superior.
- Reports any accident involving a Company vehicle, immediately reports to the police and makes a sketch of the position of the vehicle, takes the particulars of the other vehicle and Driver, and at the earliest opportunity reports to the supervisor
- Ensures that the motor vehicle is adequately insured and is road worthy to avoid contravening traffic rulesregulation and road.
- Maintains a log book for the motor vehicle detailing mileage covered before and after the trip
- Reminds superior when the motor vehicle is due for service or maintenance.
- Parks the assigned vehicle in a safe and authorized area in order to guarantee its safety
- Clean the motor vehicle and ensure that it is kept clean at all times
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
- Grade 12 Certificate with Five (5) O Levels
- Class C Driving Licence
- SADC PSV Driving Licence will be an added advantage
- Ability to operate Crane Mounted Vehicle, Tractor, Vacuum Tanker
- Basic Mechanical knowledge will be an added advantage
- 3 – 5 years’ experience
If you have the necessary competences/qualifications we are looking for, please submit your application together with a comprehensive C.V. as one document including your contact telephone number and copies of your certificates and names of three referees to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Tuesday, 5th December 2023.
Please use your name & position being applied for in the Subject. MWSC employees are encouraged to apply. Please note that only short listed candidates will be communicated to.
MWSC is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and female candidates are especially encouraged to apply.
Applications should be addressed to:
The Director Human Resources and Administration
Mulonga Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited
Musonko House, Kabundi Road
P O Box 11712
“Mulonga – “Towards Purified Excellence”