To assist the Service Coordinator to effectively manage cash processes, supervise tellers, controls, resources and all operational activities of the branch including security and physical infrastructure of the building in line with Bank policy and Strategy.
Under the supervision of the Branch Manager the following are among the Job Key Responsibilities:
- To effectively supervise tellers and ensure cash assets are properly secured, limits observed for Teller, vault/ATM, reconciled daily, differences reported daily and that dual control is observed at all times
- To conduct and review snap check findings
- To ensure daily call over of vouchers and meticulous record keeping system is in place in accordance with Bank procedures and to make such documents/ records available for review or control purposes when required.
- To ensure sampling on call over of Teller vouchers and subsequent filing is happening as per guidelines.
- To ensure that all tellers comply with all policies and procedures required by the Bank related to cash management.
- To ensure that cash returns are submitted to stakeholders as per agreed timelines.
- To ensure call over of ALL GL vouchers as well as the other vouchers is happening daily as per Bank procedure.
- To ensure actioning of customer instructions (salaries, Backing sheets, address amendments, standing orders, stopped cheques, RTGS/ TTs etc.) is within SLA.
- To timely verify signatures for system transactions and customer instructions brought in e.g. in-house cheques in Sybrin queues etc.
- Monitor workflow on the system to ensure transactions pending, Assigned, Unassigned are cleared to facilitate the running of EODM successfully. Clear all assigned and pending transactions in work flow before 17: 00 hours daily according to the time the transaction was assigned.
- To ensure mandate management is happening with customers and up to date information maintained (end to end KYC management)
- Escalate any exceptions and anomalies encountered or observed during the day to the to the Service coordinator for further resolution
- To ensure customer retention through cross selling, queue walking, sales promotions out-marketing calls, presentations and in-branch management of the customer service function.
- To set and monitor Branch Service Standards using the 5 Non Negotiable in order to ensure the delivery of high service quality to customers.
- To track service performance on counters regularly and rectify any deficiency in order to maintain high service standards.
- To attend to and resolve referrals on customer complaints or feedback timely and ensure the complaint handling process in the branch is adhered to.
- Improve customers’ banking experience with the bank by ensuring that the customers are attended to promptly and all their challenges are resolved without delay.
- To ensure that the weekly/monthly/quarterly Customer service returns are completed and submitted timely.
- To ensure that counters are manned according to demands.
- To encourage back office staff to provide sales leads and referrals Sales staff in line with the targets set
- To act as a spokesperson for the branch explaining sales/service campaigns to customers
- To identify sales leads by talking to customers to understand their requirements refer them to Sales staff for further action
- To participate in specific product campaigns by ensuring that the products are explained to customers.
- Any other responsibilities or tasks as assigned by management.
- Local Regulators on statutory matters
- Retail Banking Department
- Commercial & Agri Banking Department
- Treasury Department
- Branch Operations
- Grade 12 Credit or above mandatory in Mathematics and English and any other three subjects.
- University degree in a Business-related Field or professional qualification from a recognized university.
- Diploma in Banking and Finance as added advantage
- Minimum of atleast three (3) years banking working experience and of which three (3) years at a supervisory level.
- Understanding of all Zanaco Retail products and account opening, KYC Cash and other Branch process requirements
- Understanding of relevant legislation e.g. KYC, Anti – Money laundering, Banking code.
- Demonstrated complaint handling and resolution skills
JOB CORE COMPETENCIES
- Results Driven
- Building Relationships
- Being Pro – Active
- Team work
- Customer service orientation
- Drive for results
- Interpersonal Skills
Closing Date : 15th December, 2023.