ABT Associates – Scaling Up Family Planning Programme (SUFPII)
Request for Individual Supply Chain Management Consultant
The Scaling Up Family Planning (SUFP) programme, implemented by Abt Associates and funded with UK aid from the UK government, works with the Ministry of Health and key stakeholders to address unmet needs for family planning by scaling up services in selected hard to reach communities. Since the inception of Phase 1 in March 2012, the programme has expanded access to modern family planning methods by mobilising communities, building service delivery capacity in public health facilities, and strengthening commodity distribution in targeted districts. This has resulted in an additional 295,100 women and girls using a family planning method and achieving 578,240 couple years of protection. The second phase began in July 2016 and will institutionalise the SUFP model in Zambia and support its implementation in new provinces and districts. The expected outcomes are the full ownership and implementation of the SUFP model by the Ministry of Health, and significant contribution towards achievement of the FP2020 targets.
SCOPE OF WORK
The Consultant will provide all required Supply Chain and research services needed to support the SUFPII project team, specifically:
- Coordinate with the project staff to implement robust supply chain systems, identify and monitor key program activities in order to document results, and ensure the integration of system and results into the Ministry of Health system’s decision-management processes.
- Support the development of the National FP Training Database for LARC providers & TOTs, CBDs, ASRH cutting across all technical areas.
- Work in collaboration with MoH to ensure that MSL finalize stock list and unit sizes standardization and regularly provides monthly stock updates to districts on FP commodities.
- Supporting the collection, analysis, and reporting of routine project supply chain data.
- Technical support to train selected CBD and depot holders in EMLIP system at community level in districts of both Central and Western Provinces and produce final report.
- Participate in technical support to Western and Central province and districts to conduct audit trials and destination checks for contraceptives and CBD Supply System.
- Technical Support to District Pharmacists, DHIOs and Health centre staff to improve supply chain data accuracy and data management and analysis for family planning (FP) commodities for use in Forecasting and Quantification.
- In order to address the issue of facilities that experience stock-outs during the rainy season, assist with mapping the worst affected health facilities and support MCH coordinators and district pharmacists at those facilities to pre-position sufficient FP commodities ahead of the rainy season.
- Carry out any other duties as may be required by the Country Director or Supply Chain Advisor.
CAPABILITIES AND EXPERIENCE
- At least a Masters’ Degree in Supply Chain, Public Health, Statistics, Demography or related field.
- At least 5 years of professional experience, and strong technical knowledge and expertise in survey data organization and management, especially in the field of supply chain and public health in Zambia.
- Pharmacy Qualification is an added advantage.
- Extensive knowledge of commodity security rapid assessments and research methodology and reporting
- Conversant with Microsoft Office Suite applications, database applications and statistical packages Technical Knowledge and experience in Mobile phone device based data collection processes
- Extensive knowledge and experience in Reproductive health and Commodity Security situation and trends, and thorough understanding of the social, economic and political context of Zambia
- Willingness and capability to undertake duty travel.
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Knowledge of Abt Associate programming processes, will be an asset,
- Good writing and presentation skills
DURATION AND TIMELINE OF ASSIGNMENT
The Consultant will be engaged on long term basis but will work on average 3 days per week.
- Period of Performance: April 30 – September 30, 2018
- Maximum days LOE: 60
The assignment will commence on April 30, 2018 and end on 30th September 2018. Report of the undertaken works must be made available and reviewed by relevant SUFP Officers Country Director and Technical team.
The duration of the consultancy is 60 working days with the deliverables outlined below:
- Working Days
- Weekly reports to Country Director and Supply Chain Advisor for progress on the Specific tasks.
- Weekly reports
- Refining the mobile phone technology preliminary report and Contribute to mobile phone pilot presentation
- Participate in mobile phone validation meetings in Kabwe and Mongu
Mobile phone pilot presentation
- Validation meeting trip report
- Draft and finalized reports for research activities conducted.
- Technical support to train selected CBD and depot holders in EMLIP system
- Conduct Audit trials and destination checks for contraceptives.
- Training report per training
Field Report per trip
- Conduct on the Job-Training to improve supply chain data accuracy and data management for family planning (FP) commodities
- Training report Field Report
Total number of working days 60
Interested individual consultants should send their cover letter, CVs and certified copies of relevant certificates to the following email addresses: email protected and email protected and copy to email protected and email protected
Closing Date for applications: COB, Thursday, 26th April 2018.
Only Shortlisted Candidates will be contacted.