- Company: Nkhwazi Primary School
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
Nkhwazi Primary School is a large school with 720 pupils in 24 classes, with a maximum pupil teacher ratio of 30:1. Its secure, custom built, 10 acre (4 hectare) campus is situated in the central area of Lusaka, with modern sports facilities and a multi-purpose Hall. The School was founded in 1971 and follows an Anglo-Zambian syllabus. The high performing School has achieved excellent results at Grade 7 level and has consistently been ranked in the top 10 in the country over the past 20 years.
The School seeks and invites applicants who meet the requirements below:
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Full Grade 12 School Certificate.
- ZICA Licentiate/NATECH, ACCA/CIMA Level 11. Full ZICA, CIMA or ACCA would be an added advantage.
- Minimum of three years’ experience in a similar role.
- Conversant With accounting software such as pastel and computer programs like Excel, Word and Power-Point Presentation.
- Must be a paid up member of ZICA.
- Posting of all transactions, both payments and receipts, in the Pastel system for all the accounts
- Preparation of Management Accounts
- Maintaining cash books and doing bank reconciliations
- Making provisions for Accruals and Prepayments and posting of journal entries relating to Accruals and Prepayments (general journal)
- Maintenance of the purchases day book and Posting supplier invoices in Pastel
- Reconciliation of supplier accounts
- Preparation of Audit schedules
- Any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor
Letters of application together with CVs, copies of qualifications and names of three traceable referees should be sent to the Head of School on the address below. The deadline for submission of applications is Friday, 11th December, 2020.