- Company: GIZ
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: IT/Telecom Jobs in Zambia
The Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH is the implementing agency of the Federal Republic of Germany for technical and international cooperation. It offers flexible, sustainable and effective solutions in political, economic and social change processes. Most of the work of GIZ is commissioned by the German Federal Ministry for Economic Cooperation and Development (BMZ). GIZ also operates on behalf of other German ministries as well as public and private bodies in Germany and abroad. These include the European Commission, the United Nations, the World Bank and governments of other countries. GIZ Office Zambia provides financial and administrative services to GIZ projects and programmes in Zambia as well as other countries in the region.
IT and digital tools are increasingly used by GIZ employees to achieve its business objectives. In order to meet the growing needs and challenges which come with this change, an effective and successful digital transformation in the company’s external structure requires a strong network and competent local contact persons who will serve as the bridge between the national office and Headquarters. In this context, GIZ is seeking a suitable candidate for the following position who will work closely with the IT Officer to ensure that IT security and data protection are adhered to and that IT processes flow smoothly in GIZ Office Zambia:
Digitalisation Partner (DIPA) – Lusaka based
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- Being the first point of contact for digital topics, information management, IT security and data protection, focusing on GIZ internal aspects as well as the local, digital infrastructure and demand signals
- Actively participating in the further expansion of the digital network, i.e. supporting users by introducing the use of existing and new digital GIZ systems such as the SharePoint platform known as Integrated Digital Applications (IDA) / Office 365, Document Management System (DMS), Microsoft Teams, etc. as well as providing orientation for future digital solutions from GIZ HQ
- Maintaining close contact with the IT partners, particularly the GIZ DIGITS Department and the Global IT Services Division
- Actively participating in a regular exchange within the DIPA network (via the IDA Community and Teams platform) on information management topics
- Understanding digitised and documented processes in the office, collecting requirements for analogue processes that need to be digitised and making recommendations on any necessary organisational adjustments such as updating procedures
- Advising GIZ partners when using existing and/or developing special IT tools for and with the partner, in conjunction with the relevant departments at GIZ HQ
GIZ Information Management Systems
- Being the contact person for the implementation of IDA and building up the structure of multipliers in Zambia with a focus on IDA.Countries and IDA.Projects
- Being the contact person for GIZ Office Zambia and the projects/programmes on digitisation-related topics, e.g. DMS, interaction of different systems, planned/upcoming IT projects with relevance for the field structure, etc.
- Being the contact person and coordinator for data protection topics within GIZ Zambia and communicating relevant information to users in a digestible manner
- Being the contact person and coordinator for information security within GIZ Zambia and playing a critical role in the ongoing ISO (27001) certification process
Microsoft O365-collaboration tools/training
- Strengthening capacity for digital innovation
Onboarding new employees on digital topics, data protection and information security
Other duties/additional tasks
- Backstopping the IT Officer and providing general IT support
- Performing other duties and tasks at the request of management
Qualifications and requirements:
- Minimum of a bachelor’s degree in IT or similar field; a master’s degree is an added advantage
- At least 4-5 years’ professional experience in a comparable position
- Experience in information management and information security
- Experience in introducing new digital innovations/applications
- Experience in conducting IT related training is an added advantage
Other knowledge and additional competences:
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Knowledge of handling personal data
- Clear understanding and demonstrable knowledge of MS Office 365 periodic table
- Excellent organisational skills with a strong capability to prioritise workload
- Excellent working knowledge of ICT (related software, MS Teams, MS Office 365, etc.)
- High interest and willingness in introducing new digital applications and establishing digitally supported processes
- Fluency in English, both written and oral, with the ability to communicate complex concepts/processes in a way that is easy for users to understand
- Strong training/change management skills are desirable
- Ability to learn new concepts/processes quickly
- Must be able to work in a multicultural and multidisciplinary environment
- Willingness to upskill as required by the tasks to be performed – corresponding measures to be agreed with management
The successful candidate will be expected to start full-time employment with GIZ, on a fixed term contract, as soon as possible. Interested candidates must send their CVs and cover letters electronically quoting GIZ_DIPA in the subject line to: jobzambia@GIZ.de by 15:00 hrs on Friday, 7th May 2021. GIZ will only assess applications which meet the following criteria:
- Cover letters must be sent in MS Word format, with using font type Arial, size 11. In the first paragraph, please outline your motivation for applying for the position. In the second paragraph, outline your experience information management and/or information security.
- CVs must not exceed three (3) pages and must be submitted in PDF.
- Certificates, qualifications, etc. must not be attached to the application.
- Traceable references of previous engagements must be provided.
Please note that only applicants selected for interview will be contacted. GIZ is committed to be an equal opportunities employer, therefore, women and people with disabilities are strongly encouraged to apply.