- Company: Western Water Supply & Sanitation Company Limited
- Location: Zambia
- State: Mongu
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
To prepare timely management reports in order to provide timely management information to aid decision making and ensure that all management reporting requirements are met; and to be responsible for the preparation of budgets and budget control, capital expenditure monitoring, fixed asset management and stock control.
- Degree in accounting profession.
- Member of ZICA
MINIMUM RELEVANT PRE- JOB EXPERIENCE/AGE
- Minimum three (3 ) years in a commercial environment
- Should be at least above thirty (30) years of age.
MAIN DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Co-ordinates the preparation and consolidation of the company budget.
- Prepares final accounts. In so doing he/she ensures that all cost centers comply with year-end cut off procedures.
- Compares monthly financial performance with budget and communicates to users from time to time and designs budget formats for consolidation and circulation to all cost and profit centers.
- Maintains all tax computations in separate files namely; corporate tax files, Value Added Tax file; Pay as You Earn file; Withholding Tax; and any other tax affecting the Company prescribed by the statutes of tax regulation.
- Maintains files containing all hard copy of reconciliation’s for each account and publishes annual corporate reports.
- Supervises external audit process and liaises with the Financial Accountant on technical issues pertaining to the preparation of final accounts in conjunction with external auditors.
- Maintains an updated and accurate fixed asset register for the efficient running of management accounting records.
- Agrees, monitors and reviews performance of subordinates to ensure that they work towards meeting their performance targets.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Finance Manager from time to time.
REQUIRED COMPETENCIES/ PERSONAL QUALITIES
- Very good knowledge of computers, able to handle accounting packages
- Good supervisory skills.
- Good Planning skills
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good analytical Skills
Interested candidates must submit their applications accompanied with detailed curriculum vitae certified professional certificates and names of three referees by 21st May 2021 to the following address.
The Managing Director
Western Water Supply and Sanitation Company Limited,
Plot # 6149,
P.O. Box 910445,
Or email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to while the method and mode of conducting the interview will be communicated to the shortlisted candidates only.