- Company: Plan International
- Location: Zambia
- State: Zambia
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls.
We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children.
We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries. Child protection is key in all that we do.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and capacity building programmes focus primarily on Education, Health, Water and Sanitation, Economic Security and Youth Empowerment, including Child Protection and Participation. Plan International Zambia has Programme Areas (PAs) in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located
We are looking for experienced and vibrant self-starters to fill the following positions under the Early Childhood Development (ECD) Community Insaka – Young with Potential Project, Global Partnership in Education (GPE) and the European Union (EU) Women Empowerment and Micro Small Enterprises Support – Zambia Project:
PROJECT MANAGER – (X1)
The incumbent has the overall responsibility for project implementation. The Project Manager will be responsible for general technical oversight and provide leadership in implementation of the project. The project is aimed at supporting disadvantaged and vulnerable children to directly access alternative learning, remote teacher support, safe and protective return to the school environment. To achieve this, the Project Manager will work in line with Community Mobilization Officers, the Gender Specialist, Community Development Facilitators and in their absence, the Community Volunteers who assist in community mobilization and identification of community needs. The incumbent will be guided by the Education Program Manager in the technical implementation of major activities. In liaison with the Program Area Manager, the incumbent will actively participate in program planning, implementation and reporting at both Eastern Programme Influencing and Implementation Area (PIIA) and the Country Office.
- Providing leadership and guidance to the project team on all activities that will be implemented.
- Preparing and conducting quarterly and annual review meetings with stakeholders to review progress of the Project.
- Writing of project narrative reports, case stories, capturing project photos, and review of financial reports.
- Managing project expenditure and ensuring no over or under-expenditure.
- Identifying and applying effective measures to realize the rights of the Children, their families and communities through the Early Childhood Development (ECD) Community Insaka – Young with Potential.
- Identification of capacity building needs of community members including Children and youth on the project to ensure informed selection, planning and management of community activities.
- Designing and implementing capacity building activities that ensure that Children and parents have Improved access to an integrated package of community level ECD essential services.
- Coordinate the planning, delivery, monitoring and evaluation of the ECD Community Insaka – Young with Potential.
- Identify and apply effective measures with/and for communities to be able to manage their own natural environments for economic gain.
- Ensuring that project innovations are encouraged and implemented.
- Ensure appropriate administrative, financial and logistical Plan systems/procedures are in place, maintained and adhered to so that all support functions are carried out effectively and efficiently.
- Integrate in all planning the mainstreaming of gender issues in project/proposal designs.
- Coordinate effective working relationships with relevant stakeholders at district and community level.
- Ensure that all training events have a component of Child Protection and Safeguarding.
Educational Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Education, Social Sciences or other related studies.
- A minimum of 3 years’ working experience in the field of Early Childhood Development.
- A minimum of 5 years’ practical working experience in Project Management.
- Experience in managing relationships with various stakeholders.
- Experience in writing donor reports.
- Strategic thinking.
- Facilitation skills.
- Clear and effective communication.
- Accountability and honesty.
- Ability to work in a multidisciplinary and multicultural environment.
- Proficient in computer skills.
- Good interpersonal skills.
To apply, kindly send through your application letter, copies of NRC, Qualifications and CV, indicating day time telephone and/or mobile contacts clearly stating the job title of interest to email@example.com. Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply and applications should reach the undersigned not later than 23rd May, 2021, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All Applications should be addressed to;
The Country Human Resource Manager
Plan International Zambia
Private Bag 518X
Plot 87A Kabulonga road
We provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organizational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.