- Company: ZCCP
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Temporary
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
Zambia Centre for Communications Programme (ZCCP) is a not-for-profit, locally based multi-media communications organization, which uses the power of the mass media (radio, TV and print) and social mobilisation to reach the Zambian population and to affect social and behavior change.
ZCCP uses a rigorous formative research process to generate appropriate edutainment content relevant to health and development priorities in Zambia. At community level we work with girls, boys, women, men, persons with disabilities, key and priority populations. At policy level, we work with National Assembly of Zambia, House of Chiefs and other Traditional Leaders, Religious Leaders and various government ministries and National AIDS Council.
ZCCP is looking to recruit for the following position:
Job Title: Data Management Information System Officer – (1)
Location : Lusaka
The Data Management Information System Officer will be responsible for designing and implementing a strategic vision for electronic systems (DHIS2) to analyze, report, visualize, and disseminate program data. S/he will work closely with the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning department and project team to implement innovative data visualization tools tailored to project needs.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Supports users by developing DHIS2 documentation, quality assurance, collection and assistance tools.
- Works closely with other teams across the organization and contributes to team meetings to understand and mitigate issues as well as improve performance of DHIS2.
- Support development of the DHIS2 system, updates, to comply with project requirements.
- Document and produce user guides and manuals for DHIS2.
- Writing progress reports on the status of the developed tools in DHIS2.
- Support in generating DATIM import files for quarterly, Semi, Annual reporting.
Reporting and Supervision:
- The Data Management Information Systems Officer will be based in Lusaka and will report to the Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning Manager.
- Diploma in Computer Science or IT related field is required
- A Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or IT related field will be an added advantage.
- 3+ years practical experience in data management.
- Experience working with DHIS2 for data entry, data visualization, data analysis and management and design.
- Experience working with the Structured Query Language (SQL) for data manipulation and reporting
- Experience working with an industry enterprise relational database system like: Microsoft SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, Postgres.
- Ability to work in a complex environment with multiple tasks, short deadlines and intense pressure to achieve desired results.
- Experience working with USAID, CDC, DOD, PEFPAR and any other donor funded projects or programs
- Experience working with DHIS2 at customization and data use is a must
- Working knowledge of at least one statistical package like SAS, SPSS, STATA, R
- Working knowledge of GIS software like ArcGIS, QGIS
- Minimum of 3 year’s experience working in Software programming with skills and experience in Microsoft Visual Studio package that include (C++, C# and .NET programming)
- Working knowledge of any programming language
If interested in the advertised position, visit our website ZCCPkwatu.org/”>www.ZCCPkwatu.org, go to Notice/Downloads then you download and complete our ZCCP Application form and send it with your CV to info@ZCCPkwatu.org.
Note: Only the CV and ZCCP Application form should be sent. Closing date is 10th June, 2021. Women are encouraged to apply.