- Company: Food Reserve Agency
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Legal Jobs in Zambia
The Food Reserve Agency (FRA) is established by the Food Reserve Act No.6 of 2020 and is mandated among other functions to manage Zambia’s National Strategic Food Reserves. In order to enhance its capacity to effectively, efficiently and professionally manage its functions, it seeks to employ a highly motivated, result oriented, honest, and skilled person to fill one (1) vacant position of Legal Officer to be based in Lusaka.
LEGAL OFFICER X 1
Reporting directly to the Assistant Legal Counsel, he/she will be expected to contribute to FRA business operations through the provision of professional legal support on legal matters relating to FRA.
- To provide legal advise on the legal implications of the Agency’ operations and attend to all matters that have a legal bearing arising from the operations of the Agency;
- Represent the Agency in civil litigation. preparation of court documents;
- Research, compile and write well-reasoned legal opinions on all matters or issues brought to his/her attention;
- To review progress of legal cases;
- Attend and monitor criminal prosecutions on behalf of the Agency and render legal advice on such matters to State Advocates;
- Draft contracts, agreements, examination of tender documents to ensure they are legally enforceable and are in accordance of the law, rules and regulations; and
- Draft and prepare contracts for sale, assignments and leases.
TECHNICAL OR EXPERT KNOWLEDGE
- Excellent communication skills, particularly the ability to communicate with staff who are not technically trained;
- Analytical and problem-solving ability;
- Team-working skills. working with different work teams, clients and groups of staff across the Agency; and
- Keeping up to date with the industry and regulatory changes as well as professional standards.
The minimum qualifications therefore are as follows:
- A Bachelors Degree in Law;
- Advocate of the High Court with a minimum of 4 years post qualifying experience;
- Member of the Law Association of Zambia (ZM);
- Holder of current practicing certificate from ZIALE;
- Post Graduate Diploma in Legislative Drafting (added advantage); and
- Valid Driving Licence.
If you meet the pre-requisite role specifications, kindly submit your application letter together with a detailed curriculum vitae (CV), photocopies of relevant qualifications and contact telephone numbers to the undersigned not later than 24th June 2021. Please note that only CVs and application letters (no other attachments) should be sent through email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that only shortlisted applicants will be acknowledged.
FRA is an equal opportunity employer, therefore applications from all are encouraged.
Food Reserve Agency Head Office
Plot No. 7419, Manda Road,
Light Industrial Area
PO BOX 34054