- Company: ActionAid Zambia
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Accounting Jobs in Zambia
ActionAid Zambia (AAZ) is part of the ActionAid Global (AAG) Federation; sharing common values and aims to drive social change towards a just, equitable and sustainable world. AAZ works with marginalized and excluded women and young people, their organizations and movements to address the structural causes of social injustice, gender inequality and poverty. ActionAid Zambia is seeking to recruit an experienced and suitably qualified individual to fill the position of Grants and Finance Accountant;
Duration: 2 Years Contract; Location: Lusaka – with frequent travel.
Purpose of the Role
The Grants and Finance Accountant will be responsible for leading successful integration and the accountant shall ensure that all Donor funds are handled prudently and in line with donor expectation. He/she will assist in the development of the annual budget and workplans for the supported districts. The Position will report on the budget monthly and outline key highlights, challenges or issues of concern. The position will ensure that monthly activities agree with the set budget that is in place. The position will conduct regular field visits to gather financial data and will take note of any weaknesses in reporting to develop relevant trainings to close the gaps in financial reporting and for capacity building.
Accountabilities Key Activities
- Prepare accurate and timely financial reports on grants for internal management purposes.
- Work with the Grant Accountant and Finance Accountant on cash flow forecasts for partners.
- Undertake monthly review and reconciliation of bank accounts associated with the grants.
- Carry out field visits in order to support financial management of the grant and conduct periodic compliance review of grants.
- Assist with any unresolved or questioned costs raised during the desk reviews.
- Follow up on report submissions from partners in the designated districts for timely reporting.
- Review all the partner retirements for correctness and completeness for onward submission to Head of Finance, Program manager and Grant’s manager.
- Develop fund request to ensure accuracy as per budget lines and adherence to policy.
- Ensure that the disbursement of funds to partners has appropriate supporting documents and verified according to AAZ standards.
- Ensure costs are acceptable as per Global Funds regulations and charged as required to respective budget lines.
- Monitor budget lines and communicate budget realignment if need be.
- Ensure that the financial reports to the donor are prepared and submitted timely.
- On a monthly basis ensure that the project bank account is sufficiently funded.
- Ensure that fund remittance requests are prepared on time.
- Prepare the quarterly and annual budgets for the project.
- Prepare Management Reports for submission to the project manager and the donor as required.
- Support the budgeting process of the partner organizations.
- Professional Qualification such as ACCA, CIMA or bachelor’s degree in Finance or other related field from a recognized University or College.
- Minimum of 3-5 years of relevant, progressively responsible experience, preferably in an international non-profit organization.
- Minimum of 2-3 years experience in grants and project management.
- Member of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA)
- Ability to effectively communicate financial information to non-financial officers.
- Ability to analyze, evaluate and summarize financial records for accuracy and compliance to procedures, rules and regulations.
- Capable of managing multiple projects and partners.
- Knowledge and demonstrated experience with MS Office package software applications with advanced skills using Microsoft Excel.
- Working knowledge of the Sun system accounting package is a must.
- Good track record in delivering accurate, high quality work and reports to deadlines and to required standards.
- Flexible approach to work, willing to play a full role in ensuring the success of the team.
Other Required Competences
- Demonstrate understanding of the AAZ’s priorities and goals and effectively analyses complex problems.
- Overcome resistance to change by involving others, listening and building commitment.
- Expresses ideas clearly and concisely and disseminates information about decisions and plans.
- Has personal direction and is not easily side-tracked by details or workload.
- Acts in accordance with stated AAZ values, follows through on promises and uses ethical considerations to guide decisions and actions.
Application To apply, please send a cover letter and Curriculum Vitae highlighting how you match the criteria in the Job Description to the following email address; email@example.com; @actionaid.org Alternatively, applications can be sent to The Human Resources Department, ActionAid Zambia, P.O Box 51407, Lusaka.
Closing date for receipt of applications is Monday 28th June 2021 at 17:00 hours. ActionAid is an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified women below the age of 35 years are encouraged to apply. Please Note: While we value all applications, we can only respond to short listed and candidates finalist. ActionAid’s Website: www.actionaid.org/zambia