- Company: Mac Staffing Solutions
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Administrative/Secretarial Jobs in Zambia
The Community Supervisor will lead all community-related initiatives and is fully responsible for establishing strong partnerships within the community, health clinics, faith-based and cultural organizations. As a supervisor to the Community Liaison Officers, the Community Supervisor will ensure communication with community leaders, members, and others to sensitize about the study goals and procedures, support study logistics and conduct assigned study procedures.
AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY AND DUTIES
- Prepare community sensitization plan including activities, budget, and sensitization materials in conjunction with the Study Coordinator and Investigators
- Prepare study participant materials as necessary for the study
- Network/work in close conjunction with NGOs, community-based groups and other stakeholders to ensure activities are synergetic and build working relationships that will strengthen the study within Chawama and Misisi Wards
- Liaise with the Community Advisory Board (CAB) to implement community education programs
- Promote positive public relations with patients, family members, and providers.
- Lead regular meetings with study staff and investigators to ensure communication of successes and struggles during execution of community surveys.
- Prepare recruitment and retention reports and follow up post visit to ensure required study targets are achieved. In close collaboration with the Study Coordinator, Investigator of Record and study staff, the Community Coordinator oversees all issues of participant recruitment, follow-up, and retention to ensure study targets are met and study eligibility procedures are being conducted per protocol.
- Collaborate with the Study Coordinator and the investigators on creation of specific strategies in recruiting and retention of study participants
- Responsible for working with CAB members in tracking recruitment rates and assessing the effectiveness and efficiency of recruitment strategies.
- Serve as a liaison between community leaders and research staff to ensure proper recruitment, target enrolment, and quality data collection.
- Report and find solutions on how to deal with community misconceptions about research that arise in the recruitment catchment areas and other relevant areas as need be in collaboration with the Study Coordinator, Investigator of Record, and study staff.
- To work with CAB members to hold activities in prevention of negative rumors which may circulate in communities.
- Follow and adhere to the guidelines of Good Clinical Practices and Good Participatory Practices at all times.
- Maintain confidentiality of study data and privacy of participants at all times.
TOR – Community Supervisor 1
- Communicate with community leaders, community members, and others to sensitize about study goals and procedures and to support study logistics
- Lead and supervise study field activities as required: may include mapping key structures, boundaries, and households within study sites, counseling participants, collecting data, interviewing participants and completing survey forms, and assisting with source document abstraction.
- To assist in the development of community related budgets and ensure funds for community activities are available
- Ensure proper coordination with the CAB and other community stakeholders
- Provide oversight in the implementation and smooth running of study community activities
- Supervise all activities of the Community Liaison Officers
- Participate in all study specific meetings
- Actively participate in problem solving
- Promote team building and work collegially as part of the study team
- Provide high quality service to community members and participants by maintaining pleasant relationships, participant confidentiality, and privacy at all times.
- Be responsive to enquiries from participants’ partners and family members as required.
- Serve as resource both internally and externally by supporting the goals of the household survey.
- Acquire and maintain an in-depth knowledge of study protocols
- Complete all required study training, including routine Human Subject Protection and Good Clinical Practices training, and regularly attend study meetings.
- Identify training needs and organize training programs as necessary to update/maintain competence of CAB.
- Build capacity in and provide mentorship to study staff
- Attend workshops, conferences, and other meetings as requested
- Dress appropriately and maintain a professional and respectful attitude in the community
- Any other duties or responsibilities found necessary for the successful implementation and functioning of the study
- Perform high quality work at all times.
- Demonstrated ability to work with field staff in a role requiring schedule maintenance, problem resolution, quality control, and goal implementation.
- Demonstrated leadership abilities
- Must be organized and an independent worker
- Must have excellent, communication, problem solving, analytical, interpersonal and humam relationship skills.
- Able to organize and schedule multiple work-related tasks efficiently
- Must be proficient in Microsoft programs (Word, Powerpoint, Excel).
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- The job holder must have a minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Health related studies or higher qualification in Public Health, with 5 years’ experience in research; with work experience in a reputable NGO
- At least five years of community sensitization work
- Able to work on more than 3 projects running concurrently
- Preference for experience working or living in Chawama and/or Misisi wards
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date : 29th June, 2021.