- Company: Barrick Gold Corporation
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lumwana
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Engineering Jobs in Zambia
Lumwana Mining Company Limited (LMC), a copper mining company owned by Barrick Gold Corporation is situated in the Northwestern region of Zambia, some 300 km west of the Zambian Copperbelt and 95 km south west of the provincial capital of Solwezi. The mine is a multi-pit, multi staged operation mining approximately 100MT of ore and waste per annum and producing copper concentrates containing an average of 120,000 tonnes of copper metal per year over a twenty (20) year mine life, making Lumwana the largest single open cut copper mine in Africa. The Company is now looking for an experienced and qualified individual to be considered for the position of Senior Mechanical Engineer.
Reporting to the Site Engineering Superintendent, you will be responsible for providing coaching to Mechanical Engineers in management and execution of maintenance projects across the site. This is to ensure maximum operational performance is achieved in a safe and cost-effective manner while ensuring compliance with relevant procedures, polices, legal requirements and consent conditions. Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Compliance with OH&S practices and procedures as outlined in safety inductions and training.
- Carry out administrative functions commensurate with the role including supervisory duties such as recommending work assignments, approving leave and completing performance evaluations.
- Responsible for management of work priorities on a daily basis and ensuring that activities are undertaken in accordance with business needs.
- Actively participate in identification and implementation of projects that demonstrate working in an environment of continuous improvement.
- Ensure personal and team compliance with statutory acts and regulations and consent conditions. Ensure that all relevant standards are adhered to in the project environment.
- Participate in development of personal training strategies and undertake appropriate training modules.
- Modification and upgrade of existing plant and equipment through cooperation with other discipline engineers and assisting with mechanical design and maintenance functions.
- Maintain a professional work ethic through effective, honest communication with supervisors, peers, and operations personnel at all times.
- Provide technical assistance and resolution when Mechanical or engineering problems are encountered.
Experience & Qualifications
- Full Grade Twelve Certificate.
- Degree in Mechanical
- Member of the Engineering Institution of Zambia
- Hold a valid Zambian driver’s licence
- Minimum five (5) years mining experience with demonstrated experience in large multi pit operations maintaining large-scale heavy mobile equipment, or, crushing and grinding circuits to Original Equipment Maintenance OEM requirements
- Demonstrated competency in equipment strategy development using Root Cause Analysis (RCM) methods, life cycle costing, Root Cause Analysis (RCA), long term planning, shutdown management, budget development and cost forecasting.
- Demonstrated competency in condition monitoring techniques and data interpretation.
- Demonstrated understanding and compliance with mining regulations.
- Has strong proficiency in the use of Computerized Maintenance Management System (CMMS) (e.g. Pronto), MS Office products (Word, Excel, Project, PowerPoint) and medium level competency in budgeting tools (e.g. Xeras)
Closing Date : 10 July. 2021