- Company: Ilondola Farms Ltd
- Location: Zambia
- State: Lusaka
- Job type: Full-Time
- Job category: Agricultural Jobs in Zambia
Ilondola Farms is a growing small to medium entity looking for a serious and dedicated person to join our team. We are currently looking for a DAIRY FARM MANAGER to run our operations in Lusaka. The ideal candidate should be passionate, proactive, honest & have integrity. He/She should have an eye for excellence and be knowledgeable in Dairy Farming and general agriculture.
Overall Job Purpose
The incumbent manages the dairy farm: Plans, develops, and implements policies, procedures, and practices for operation of the dairy farm to ensure compliance with owner’s standards for farm production, propagation of herd, and regulations of regulatory authorities.
The successful candidate must meet the following requirements:
- A minimum qualification of a Degree or Diploma in Agricultural Science from a reputable institution with 3 to 5 years related experience in Dairy Farming
- Demonstrated experience in management of the Dairy Herd, Supervising employees in all phases of the dairy and upkeep of the facilities.
- Experience in breeding and rearing livestock, feed making, feeding, and milking of cows, storage of feed, milk, and sterilizing and maintaining facilities and equipment.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and maintaining breeding and milk production records
- Experience in facilities and equipment management to ensure compliance with bio safety and sanitation standards and requirements.
- Demonstrated experience in the planting, growing, harvesting, and storage of feed forage crops.
- Demonstrated competency in general office work, procurement, administration, herd ID monitoring, project planning, and report writing, with excellent communication and organisation skills.
- Experienced in herd health and reproduction management
- Must be computer proficient – Microsoft PowerPoint, Word, and Excel
- Well mannered and mature
- In possession of a Valid Drivers license
- Veterinary Association of Zambia Membership will be an added advantage
ONLY SHORT LISTED CANDIDATES WILL BE CONTACTED
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date : 22nd July, 2021.